Anyone notice the red glow in the left corner of screen when browsing
    10-05-11 02:36 AM
    It means you have an email/message. Go to the bridge message app and you'll see it has a "star".

It confused me too the first time I saw it.
    10-05-11 02:41 AM
    Yes its a notification similar to the LED on the phones - although I'm not sure it's working reliably yet.
    10-05-11 02:46 AM
    Ah interesting!

Really...hmm, i will keep that in mind.
    10-05-11 03:31 AM
    I wondered this when I first got my PlayBook, in many ways they have been very innovative!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 06:03 AM
    I saw the same thing while watching a movie and there was an email waiting.
    10-05-11 06:04 AM
    It means you have an email/message. Go to the bridge message app and you'll see it has a "star".

It confused me too the first time I saw it.
    Don't have to switch apps to get to the message/etc, just swipe down from the top left corner and tap on the notification icon thats there.
    10-05-11 08:09 AM
    Mine is bug'n this morning, I see the new mail icon but when I click on it, it says I have no messages.
    10-05-11 08:14 AM
    Mine is bug'n this morning, I see the new mail icon but when I click on it, it says I have no messages.
    As mentioned above, the Playbook notification system is a little buggy.

In my experience, the “red glow in the corner” notification is always correct – if it glows, you’ve just received mail.

However, the little envelopes in the top corner of the home screen aren’t always telling the truth. They don’t 100% always disappear after you've read/deleted the email. It’s another of those “not serious enough to hurl PB at a wall but nonetheless irritating” bugs that I hope will be sorted in OS2.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    10-05-11 08:28 AM
    the lil red glow in the corner is awesome, but sometimes its just to tell me i dont have any notifications. #frustrationcloud. eheheheh
    10-05-11 08:34 AM
    So what's it mean when you're not Bridged? I'm not using a BB phone and the red shows up sometimes when I'm browsing.
    10-05-11 08:50 AM
    So what's it mean when you're not Bridged? I'm not using a BB phone and the red shows up sometimes when I'm browsing.
    I believe the same red glow = "something new has arrived" rule applies.

If you are browsing whilst not bridged then you are presumably WiFi-ed... the red glow is probably telling you that one of your apps has an update available for it. It does on mine - on the home screen you'll (maybe) see a little black "!" in the top corner where the little yellow envelopes appear.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 10-05-11 at 09:02 AM.
    10-05-11 08:55 AM
    The corner glow will appear in any application you're running not just the browser. It will also glow to notify you if your bt connection gets disconnected from, for instance, your phone getting out of range.
    10-05-11 08:57 AM
    that red glow is the biggest surprise I got from the pb. absolutely awesome.
    10-05-11 09:24 AM
    I was wondering what that was. Thanks.
    10-05-11 09:27 AM
    Cool, I want to see the red glow! I love it when I learn something new on my devices. Makes it feel like brand new all over again. And I haven't even had mine for two weeks yet so everything is still new! I love this little PlayBook.
    10-05-11 09:31 AM
    one thing i have noticed is that i get notified when i get a text message but since i cannot access it is telling me that i do not have any new messages and i have to read it on my berry for the notification icon to go away.
    10-05-11 10:04 AM
    It can also signify that an app you have now has an upgrade available.

I find that I can generally clear the "envelope" if I double tap on the actual message (left column in email app) as opposed to just reading it when it appears.
    10-05-11 10:15 AM
    Glad it wasn't just me who thought the red line in the corner was a fault - I almost sent my Playbook back until my brain creaked into action. It's a great feature and a definite benefit over my ipad.
    10-05-11 10:56 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I've always wondered what it was
    10-05-11 11:55 AM
    This is one of my favorite features!
    10-05-11 03:03 PM
    I wonder if this "notification area" will be open to Devs to give the ability to customize it like BeBuzz instead of the LED?

10-05-11 03:06 PM
    I wonder if this "notification area" will be open to Devs to give the ability to customize it like BeBuzz instead of the LED?

Ohhhhhh. A green glow and yellow glow and blue glow ...............
    10-05-11 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD