Had to Security Wipe my PlayBook over the weekend as it had stopped responding to 'normal' stuff - like connecting over Bluetooth to my 9300, letting me read bridge emails, and connecting via WiFi to the Guest Wireless at work and one of my routers at home (I have repeaters...).

This was a last resort fix - nothing else I tried seemed to work, including re-installing apps and rebooting almost everything with a switch on it!

PlayBook had been working like a dream until the last update, which was pulled swiftly after I applied it (wish I'd not bothered...) so I'm writing-off the issues I was seeing to that.

Anyway, did two backups before the wipe - one was app data only, and the other was app data and settings - the plan being to manually re-set the settings and then recover the app data so I could get back (primarily) the Password Vault and its contents, with the data and settings backup there as a fallback position.

As the backup was done on the now pulled OS update, Desktop Software refuses to recover the data to OS 2.0.1.358, which I'm now running (with everything working, which is good) as the backup was done on a seemingly incompatible OS version.

Kinda makes sense, but....

I've only actually paid for two apps - Password Vault and Bejewelled 2 (addict...) - so I'm not that bothered about recovering the free apps I never actually use because they're not that good, but I am a bit bothered about not being able to recover Password Vault, and all the data within it - missing Bejewelled a bit too!

Anyone know if there's anything I can do, abd specifically to get just these two and their associated data back?

My thoughts go down the line of the high-risk approach and downoading the Beta 2.1.x.xxx version that's currently available and seeing if a restore might then work, or waiting until 2.1 Gold is available, but that could be a while (Christmas??) off.

Or shelling out again for Password Vault and Bejewelled, but that's not a cost-free option, and it means I've permanently lost some information I actually use quite a lot.

Fortunately, media, photos, and documents are stored elsewhere, so are recoverable

Thanks,
    T
    08-20-12 05:40 AM
    Sorry about your problems. If you use the same BBID, your purchased apps should be available again in appworld. Open it, go to My world, and then UNinstalled.

As for the data, that is probably lost unless it does restore in the beta. Waiting for 2.1 could be a while as you already speculated.

Good luck

PS - saw Turandot on Friday night - excellent production.
    08-20-12 09:05 AM
    Thanks F2 - strangely, I'd just tried that before reading your posting and came on here to remove the thread.

Am currently re-installing Bejewelled (sad isn't it?).

Think you're right about the data - oh well, just have to scratch my brains to remember 40-odd username and passwords combinations again!

Though, quite frankly, if they need much remembering, then they're probably surplus to requirements anyway.

Thanks,
    T
    08-20-12 09:11 AM
    Thanks F2 - strangely, I'd just tried that before reading your posting and came on here to remove the thread.

Am currently re-installing Bejewelled (sad isn't it?).

Think you're right about the data - oh well, just have to scratch my brains to remember 40-odd username and passwords combinations again!

Though, quite frankly, if they need much remembering, then they're probably surplus to requirements anyway.

Thanks,
    T
    I still have not gotten any app for passwords on the pb. I've got Datavault from Ascendo for my bbphone and desktop but they are not interested in the pb. As for Passwords, well, they are suppose to be secure and so probably NOT memorable which is what makes them so problematic. Sorry about your games' loss re: score or status. I don't play enough games although I've purchased a number of them as rave reviews occur!!!!
    08-20-12 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD