Still need to charge my playbook. Seems like I'll need to stack charge.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-09-13 02:03 PM
    Don't believe the embossing requirement is arbitrary. Have to admit I haven't looked at the official standard and was basing my standard comment on Wikipedia which wouldn't hold up in court. Don't know about your monoprice cables but plan to look at my collection and see if I have exceptions like you do. If it is truely a standard it should be followed. Symmetry breaking may be allowed in Physics and Biology but it can be dangerous in engineering.
    I agree - the "standard" should not be flouted. Can lead to problems as here.

Here's a quick link

For only $1.03 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 10ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable
    06-09-13 02:26 PM
    Still need to charge my playbook. Seems like I'll need to stack charge.

First, just leave it plugged in for 4 or 5 hours without trying to turn it on. The backlight can draw down the very low battery, defeating the charging input.

UNPLUG as the wall end - so as to avoid stressing the pb's usb port.
    06-09-13 02:27 PM
    [QUOTE=Dave Bourque;8623903]Still need to charge my playbook. Seems like I'll need to stack charge.
    Has it not taken any
    06-09-13 02:30 PM
    If it reaches power up charge, will I know automatically or need to check by pressing power button ?

06-09-13 02:32 PM
    Well it's at least at 2.7V from what I've read or the led lights would never come on

06-09-13 02:33 PM
    Need to check
    06-09-13 02:34 PM
    So it goes red, green green green??

That charger may or may not have enough juice to get you going. The charger that comes with the PB is 1.8A so the one you have provides about half the output. If it continues to pulse green that indicates it is turned off and charging. I would leave it at least 8 hours(with that charger) before trying to turn it on.
    06-09-13 02:36 PM
    That charger may or may not have enough juice to get you going. The charger that comes with the PB is 1.8A so the one you have provides about half the output. If it continues to pulse green that indicates it is turned off and charging. I would leave it at least 8 hours(with that charger) before trying to turn it on.
    Ok but theoretically it should charge with the 1 A charger. I've ordered the rapid charger so if that doesn't work I'm hoping that will.

06-09-13 03:04 PM
    Should but will take longer charged one of mine in car when it wouldn't turn on in the end it did charged it lol

Martin
    06-09-13 03:41 PM
    Ok but theoretically it should charge with the 1 A charger. I've ordered the rapid charger so if that doesn't work I'm hoping that will.

If it continues to give a pulsing green light then it's charging. I don't believe you can stack charge with that underpowered charger. You may actually drain it more. In summary: pulsing green light, let in charge. No light, wait for the rapid charger.

If you can find one of the stock PB chargers that would work too. I bought an extra at a staples store for about $10.
    06-09-13 03:55 PM
    Right now I'm using 2.1 A charger.

06-09-13 04:07 PM
    Will it still not turn on
    06-09-13 04:18 PM
    nope not yet

06-09-13 04:30 PM
    It's been with the 2.1 A charger just for the past 20 mins though

06-09-13 04:30 PM
    Mind would turn on when I pushed the button but would show no charge so might turn on in morning
    06-09-13 04:32 PM
    SUCCESS !!
    Attachment 170036

Make sure you have the embossed berries facing up on the connector. Also might put a bit of RED nail polish on the berry side to help identify orientation.

C
    06-09-13 04:32 PM
    Make sure you have the embossed berries facing up on the connector. Also might put a bit of RED nail polish on the berry side to help identify orientation.

C
    Yep that problem was resolved. I had to use a thin piece of metal to bend the pin inside so that the usb connecter would go in. Now the next problem is whether it will ever charge.

06-09-13 04:36 PM
    It's been with the 2.1 A charger just for the past 20 mins though

You still might have to stack charge it. It looks like you have the current now. Almost there......should be able to power up in a couple hrs.
    06-09-13 04:38 PM
    Will the charger you have on the playbook be verified with out put? I have plugged in my playbook charger to my phone for a few minutes to give it a boost, but not for.more than 5 minutes. Just to verify adapter has out put?????

If so then try the 1hr plugged in 30 min off charge an repeat sequence or approx 6/7 times and by then you should see brain activity.......

C
    06-09-13 04:45 PM
    6 -7 times ?? Jeez lol

06-09-13 04:52 PM
    Yes the charger does have output.

06-09-13 05:13 PM

Nervously anticipating your playbook to come alive!! All these back and forth it's like observing in the ER.
    06-09-13 05:20 PM
    Also the charger I got from the ebay retailer was this
    Attachment 170042
    Attachment 170043

This is apparently an iphone charger designed for use with the Apple iphone. Since Apple products have peculiarities and at least some Apple chargers have been reported not to work with the Playbook I would suggest using a Blackberry phone charger. Dont know about your BB10 phone charger but those supplied with earlier BB phones should work. The Playbook requires a charger with the data wires shorted together to work as a charger. The last knowledge base article indicates that if the PB is plugged into the USB port of a computer the charging rate is limited to 384 milliamps so just recognizing that something is plugged in may not be enough. The Blackberry phone charger will charge it slowly and also may be difficult to stack charge with but is still the better choice in my view.

Don't know how this unit was represented to you by the seller but think you should lodge a complaint about not getting the right charger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-09-13 05:55 PM

How did you determine that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-09-13 05:57 PM
152 12345 ...