Sounds like a stupid comment but it looks like its upside down the cable I mean
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    06-09-13 12:17 PM
    It only fits that way martin I've tried both ways.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-09-13 12:22 PM
    Nope didn't work. But here are some pics.
    Attachment 170021
    Attachment 170022

Your picture shows you have it plugged in wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-09-13 12:22 PM
    Are you sure?

06-09-13 12:23 PM
    Can you shoot a picture of the usb port? How's the a very thin "board" (connector) that slips into the usb cable plug. It is very close to the bottom of the pb's usb port and can get BENT or slanted downward (or maybe upward) if the usb plug in accidentally inserted upsidedown (which is easy since the port is square and not trapezoidal). If so bent/slanted, the usb plug will not make appropriate contact.

That connector board is so close to the bottom (screen upward), that is almost looks like it is on the bottom. It does not take much pressure to bend it. The usb port on the pb is rectangular. If you look at other micro-usb ports, they are tapered and only accommodate a usb plug ONE WAY. The one on the pb was intended to allow usb-on-the-go and is much more squarish and can unfortunately accommodate a micro usb plug upsidedown. The attached picture does not even show how close it sits to the bottom. But it should be flat across the port and not sloped at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Recently bought a playbook (battery dead and won't charge)-usb.jpg  
    06-09-13 12:23 PM
    I can't even plug it in the other way

06-09-13 12:24 PM
    Can you shoot a picture of the usb port? How's the a very thin "board" (connector) that slips into the usb cable plug. It is very close to the bottom of the pb's usb port and can get BENT or slanted downward (or maybe upward) if the usb plug in accidentally inserted upsidedown (which is easy since the port is square and not trapezoidal). If so bent/slanted, the usb plug will not make appropriate contact.
    3 pics posted already

06-09-13 12:25 PM
    Are you sure?

Yes read the manual and see other posts. See attached Knowledg Base Article. Hope your Rapid Charger that attaches to the magnetic port gets there soon.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

06-09-13 12:31 PM
    See my picture above (my posting got repeated!!!). That red outlined port - the connector should be LEVEL or parallel to the tops and bottom of the port. NOT bent.

But it could be you do have an electronically damaged port and not a physically damaged port.
    06-09-13 12:31 PM
    See my picture above (my posting got repeated!!!). That red outlined port - the connector should be LEVEL or parallel to the tops and bottom of the port. NOT bent.

But it could be you do have an electronically damaged port and not a physically damaged port.
    Hmm can I bend it back straight ??

06-09-13 12:33 PM
    Recently bought a playbook (battery dead and won't charge)-img_00000440.jpg
    Recently bought a playbook (battery dead and won't charge)-img_00000439.jpg

06-09-13 12:34 PM
    SUCCESS !!
    Recently bought a playbook (battery dead and won't charge)-img_00000441.jpg

06-09-13 12:37 PM
    Here's a shot of the micro-usb on my 9930. See the much more tapered top. It is a trapezoid. It would be very hard to plug in the usb plug wrong. The one on the pb is rectangular. And from reports here, quite a number of people have plugged in the plug upsidedown and bent that connector board.
    Attached Thumbnails Recently bought a playbook (battery dead and won't charge)-img_2424.jpg  
    06-09-13 12:40 PM
    When you get enough power go to help and see the item Battery and power. Look at charge your tablet and I quote " Connect the Blackberry Playbook to your tablet with the Blackberry logo facing upward and the USB icon facing downward.". The port may already be damaged. By standard the USB icon should always be on the long side of the male trapezoidal plug.

06-09-13 12:41 PM
    Lol I did say it was upside down this is why I love forums amount of times I've been stuck and a forum has helped me
    06-09-13 12:42 PM
    So it goes red, green green green??

06-09-13 12:43 PM
    SUCCESS !!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000441.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	170036

SUCCESS! Yes!!!!

Most recommend using some non-conductive PRY bar like a toothpick or those plastic cell phone pry openers.

Glad you succeeded. Just in the last two weeks, I went out and purchased a WHITE nail polish and have placed WHITE GLOBS on the "top" surface of most of my micro-usb plugs and for good measure the top of my micro-HDMI plugs.
    06-09-13 12:43 PM
    Lol I did say it was upside down this is why I love forums amount of times I've been stuck and a forum has helped me
    Problem was that the middle pin inside wasn't straight so it wouldn't fit that way

06-09-13 12:44 PM
    At least your up and running now .been using mine as a movie player since I recently found a descent app for movies
    06-09-13 12:46 PM
    At least your up and running now .been using mine as a movie player since I recently found a descent app for movies
    what app is that
    06-09-13 12:48 PM
    And here is the manual URL.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...layBook+tablet

06-09-13 12:49 PM
    When you get enough power go to help and see the item Battery and power. Look at charge your tablet and I quote " Connect the Blackberry Playbook to your tablet with the Blackberry logo facing upward and the USB icon facing downward.". The port may already be damaged. By standard the USB icon should always be on the long side of the male trapezoidal plug.

FORGET that standard!!!!! It may be a standard but it is NOT definitive. I'd look for the shape an not some arbitrary embossing. And I just found two micro-usb cables where that usb-symbol is on opposite sides!! The official bb-one has it like you noted. Another I think I got from Monoprice (long cable) is just the opposite embossing.
    06-09-13 12:49 PM
    Also the charger I got from the ebay retailer was this
    Recently bought a playbook (battery dead and won't charge)-img_00000444.jpg
    Recently bought a playbook (battery dead and won't charge)-img_00000445.jpg

06-09-13 12:52 PM
    what app is that
    KalemSoft it's �5 but the best fiver I've spent use the playbook for movies more then the ipad mini now
    06-09-13 01:06 PM
    FORGET that standard!!!!! It may be a standard but it is NOT definitive. I'd look for the shape an not some arbitrary embossing. And I just found two micro-usb cables where that usb-symbol is on opposite sides!! The official bb-one has it like you noted. Another I think I got from Monoprice (long cable) is just the opposite embossing.
    Don't believe the embossing requirement is arbitrary. Have to admit I haven't looked at the official standard and was basing my standard comment on Wikipedia which wouldn't hold up in court. Don't know about your monoprice cables but plan to look at my collection and see if I have exceptions like you do. If it is truely a standard it should be followed. Symmetry breaking may be allowed in Physics and Biology but it can be dangerous in engineering.
    Attached Thumbnails Recently bought a playbook (battery dead and won't charge)-img_00000983.jpg  
    06-09-13 01:52 PM
152 1234 ...