This is probably going to get me branded as a troll but seriously, RIM Playbook OS designers/programmers/testers and managers have to be ashamed of themselves. All you need do is read the long thread(s) on release 2.1.x to justify that criticism. The standard answers to bugs and glitches is "Reboot" after the installation has alread rebooted. And if that doesn't work, Reboot some more, maybe several times. Sometimes that actually helps but that reinforces my point about the OS builder team.

While my PB is now mostly useable (except for the Flash failure) for my needs, I'm sorry I rushed from the beta to the release. At least my ancient Torch is rock solid.
    10-06-12 10:08 AM
    This is probably going to get me branded as a troll but seriously, RIM Playbook OS designers/programmers/testers and managers have to be ashamed of themselves. All you need do is read the long thread(s) on release 2.1.x to justify that criticism. The standard answers to bugs and glitches is "Reboot" after the installation has alread rebooted. And if that doesn't work, Reboot some more, maybe several times. Sometimes that actually helps but that reinforces my point about the OS builder team.

While my PB is now mostly useable (except for the Flash failure) for my needs, I'm sorry I rushed from the beta to the release. At least my ancient Torch is rock solid.
    While I have had no problems with re-booting, the performance of my pb after the 2.1 update has been laggy and over all un-enjoyable... if it weren't for the texting over bridge features I would probably downgrade until the bugs are worked out.

I really hope bb10 is rock solid when it launches and not buggy like 2.1 which has been in beta for like ever now!

Sent from da BOLD or maybe mi PlayBook
    10-06-12 10:14 AM
    So far .1032 is the best build for me. I was on the .840 beta for many months as well. I installed and rebooted 2x before doing anything. Checked as much as I could and the only issue I had was movies would not play as previously they would. One more reboot solved the issue. Have not restarted since late on release day.
    10-06-12 10:51 AM
    The standard answers to bugs and glitches is "Reboot"
    Isn't that the first thing to try with any computer? Is there a problem you have? The next standard answer is going to be "debrick" if you can't resolve your issues.
    jafobabe likes this.
    10-06-12 11:00 AM
    i upgraded from .840 beta and didn't need an extra reboot. everything works great. LOVE the sms over bridge!

to be fair to rim there are some windows updates that require 2 reboot in order to complete.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    10-06-12 11:05 AM
    Isn't that the first thing to try with any computer? Is there a problem you have? The next standard answer is going to be "debrick" if you can't resolve your issues.
    That is what I had to do (debrick) to get both Android player and Music to work at the same time. But that will not fix the Flash problem until RIM does.
    10-06-12 11:18 AM
    That is what I had to do (debrick) to get both Android player and Music to work at the same time. But that will not fix the Flash problem until RIM does.
    What's the Flash problem?
    10-06-12 11:24 AM
    I've lost utility since going to the official 2.1 from the beta 2.1.0560

Several Android apps no longer work, though most do.

Can't get Gmail via the messages app, and of course, still no full IMAP support..

Awful.
    10-06-12 02:01 PM
    Yes, its common practice for a PC to need a reboot after an update. But only one. It should not need to be done a dozen times. That's crazy. RIM should be embarrassed about that. My wife's IPad 2 never needs to be rebooted, it just works. Same with my Galaxy S3. The Playbook exists in the world of the instant start (iPad, Windows 8), or almost instant start (Android 4.0 and up). Boot time and multiple reboots should not be thing we have to deal with.

I own an Android Phone, a Windows 8 slate and a BlackBerry Playbook. Of the 3, the PB is easily the most enjoyable to use (awesome UI), and easily the most buggy and unreliable. These days I don't rely on it for anything important. I wish I could.
    10-06-12 02:27 PM
    What's the Flash problem?
    Some sites, e.g. Foxnews.com errors on video clips, some Youtube clips error out, they seem to be ones relying on Flash.

I will now remove my flame-retardant undies and get back to important things like Football!
    10-06-12 02:29 PM
    Did a restart after the update of 2.1, and haven't had an issue, everything from the browser to using text has been great, 2.1 has been one of the best updates from the beginning, my PB loves this version.
    10-06-12 03:03 PM
    Some sites, e.g. Foxnews.com errors on video clips, some Youtube clips error out, they seem to be ones relying on Flash.

I will now remove my flame-retardant undies and get back to important things like Football!
    I tried YouTube.com and found not problems, but when I checked Foxnews.com it comes up as "There was an error decoding this media. The media format may not be supported." I don't normally go onto that site, so never noticed.

Does the videos on FoxNews use flash? I know it may be is a dumb question, but when I turn off Flash it says the same error message there, but on YouTube (with Flash off) the video is just black without an error message popping up (in the black video box says "The Adobe Flash Player is required for video playback", but no pop up message about decoding).

As for the reboot, that is what people generally have to do, it is the easiest fix of an unknown problem on any computer/phone/tablet (yes, even Google and Apple products).

PS
    Now I have to clear all my history so nobody knows I went onto Fox News!
    10-06-12 04:26 PM