Hey everyone. I have read around on here regarding the Realtor.ca app and the MLS website. I have seen that some have been able to get at least one of them to work on their playbook, but I have been unsuccessful to this point. MLS through the native browser just keeps reloading the results page with no way to actually browse listings. I have read some people being able to access the site using a third-party browser: I've tried simple browser, but couldn't get the full site to work either.
    I've d/l the Realtor.ca app from goodereader (thanks for all the efforts on converting these things) and while I can get the app to load and get to a search results page, I can't get results to load. For example, I get to the results screen to load, and it says I have 130 results, but I don't get a map or any actual listing results in any of the views.

I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences in getting to access real estate listings through the Playbook. This is one of my pet-peeves with this device; not a game changer, though...much prefer it to my wife's gen2 ipad. (other wishes would be oovoo and netflix, but that's for another discussion). Has anyone successfully being able to use Realtor app or the MLS site?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping that the BB10 browser will allow me to access MLS fully, but would like to find a solution for now.
    02-01-13 02:08 PM
    Frustration of mine too. I just use my laptop or BB phone app.
    02-01-13 02:22 PM
    Frustration of mine too. I just use my laptop or BB phone app.
    Yeah, that's a bit of an oddity: available on my BB phone, but not the PB. just thought it strange that I've run into the odd post of someone saying they are using mls on the playbook. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook
    02-01-13 06:17 PM
    Same here. Used to work on my PB before MLS.ca turned to Realtor.ca. To be fair, their new iteration sucks on a laptop, too.
    02-01-13 07:00 PM
    Realtor.ca is working ok for me using default browser. Try clearing cache and lost local storage in the browser. I have had problems in part when it returns too many results, works best if you try and narrow selection on the initial screen so you don't get hundreds of results.
    02-01-13 07:14 PM
    Ok.. a few important distinctions here.. are you a realtor, trying to acess the mls system? or are you a consumer trying to access the public facing?

Realtor.ca (the public facing) works perfectly in the native PB browser..

The mls system, well that depends on which board you are a member of, and what provider they use.. if you're a Treb member, stratus mls is only available using Internet Explorer I believe.. if your board uses filogics, I beleive that also only works under IE, if you are fortunate enough (as I am) to have a board that uses CoreLogic MarketLinx, then it will depend on what version your board has updated too.. mlxchange is also on IE, but Fusion works perfectly in the playbook browser..

02-01-13 07:15 PM
    So, i.cleared the cache and tried again and managed to get mls to work this time (consumer front end). Map isn't exactly easy to use due to lack of pinch zoom and using touch screen to move map. Was hoping an app would make things more useful/user friendly, though.

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook
    02-03-13 11:03 AM