I don't know why folks stay with the Evil AT&T...they do not play well with others..

Tim
    2 things I can think of off the top of my head.

Some people don't have a choice as their device is given to them by their place of employment.

Some people don't like Verizon or can't get a signal. I have to go on my back or front porch to take a call.
    05-17-11 01:05 PM
    I just bought my Playbook and I'm loving it. It actually exceeded my expectations by a bit. So I register here at crackberry.com to share my satisfaction for the product with this great community and although I have Sprint, I notice that my AT&T brothers and sisters are still being screwed over with the official lack of Blackberry Bridge.

At the very bottom of this Blackberry web page snapshot you can read the following:

"AT&T BlackBerry� users should contact AT&T for information regarding pricing for the BlackBerry� Bridge™ feature"

KB27022-Introducing BlackBerry Bridge

Excuss me, is this some kind of sick joke?! I mean this isn't tethering we're talking about.

Again, I Have Sprint, but I can't help but be astonished at this.
    Last edited by Jake2826; 05-19-11 at 07:17 PM. Reason: forgot the link
    05-19-11 07:16 PM
    right a real shame but thanks to the crackberry community we have been given a work around!
    05-19-11 07:26 PM
    "O2-UK BlackBerry� users should contact O2-UK for information regarding pricing for the BlackBerry� Bridge� feature"
    I can just see that one as well. Ring up O2-UK, ask for pricing "Yeah, it's gonna cost you �7'500". *slam phone down, charge into store, play total **** with the store manager of the store I'm banned from, and demand my contract be terminated*
    05-19-11 07:56 PM
    i feel sorry for all you at&t.

next thing you know they'll start charging for BIS access because they make less money through compressed data.
    05-19-11 08:33 PM
    For the life of me I can't figure out why people use AT&T.

I mean come on AT&T get with the program. Over two weeks since the PB was launched and you're still blocking Bridge from being downloaded in App World. Give me a break. Thank goodness for users on this forum who posted links to get around it.

So let's go already, release the app to all of us loyal AT&T customers and if you think of charging for Bridge after my 14-day return window for my PB I'll be going ballistic!

05-19-11 08:38 PM
    I made the switch from at&t to Sprint everything plan. Really with the plans and the new phones on the horizon I believe they are the best carrier out now. At&t has really left a bad taste in peoples mouths as of late.
    05-19-11 09:22 PM
    So how do you manually install the Bridge files via Desktop Manager? I've tried every OTA and I always get 907 Error. Not sure if it matters, but I'm using a Storm 2.

Just the ALX file or? Are there Storm specific files? I cannot even load the ALX from the files I have now.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-19-11 at 09:34 PM.
    05-19-11 09:27 PM
    For the life of me I can't figure out why people use AT&T.
    I use AT&T like I did with TMo, GSM access and no issues when traveling outside the U.S. While Verizon has started offering supposed "World Devices" they just don't operate that easily overseas and Sprint, please. It doesn't really matter since Bridge does work and has been working for me and many others but I am still pissed and quite astonished that RIM and or AT&T still after a month hasn't made any sort of announcement other than silence. I mean really? AT&T had no idea that the Playbook was coming out and what it had to offer via Bridge? The only carrier in the whole world that doesn't actually support Bridge is AT&T? It's a joke and frankly at this point, I blame RIM as well. Poor planning on their part and as a IT manager who constantly has to tell users "sorry, I can't load Bridge due to policy since AT&T doesn't support it", is getting old.

Just to be clear, not flaming you xandermac, just venting.
    05-19-11 09:38 PM
    So how do you manually install the Bridge files via Desktop Manager? I've tried every OTA and I always get 907 Error. Not sure if it matters, but I'm using a Storm 2.

Just the ALX file or? Are there Storm specific files? I cannot even load the ALX from the files I have now.
    you could try using bbsak to install it.
    05-19-11 10:24 PM
    I'm with T-Mobile and BB Bridge STILL hasn't showed up in my AppWorld yet. Had to download it OTA...
    try resetting appworld.

open appworld and hold down alt and press R S T.
    05-19-11 10:27 PM
    you could try using bbsak to install it.
    Just the ALX or?
    05-19-11 10:29 PM
    Just the ALX or?
    COD i believe.
    05-19-11 10:43 PM
    COD i believe.
    Ok. I had issues getting BBSAK to recognize my phone. Seems enabling the password on my phone finally got it to work, even though i was not initially entering one on BBSK before. Oh well. I loaded all the CODs I had and rebooted. The files show up in the App list under Core Apps, but the App itself does not show on my phone.
    05-19-11 10:50 PM
    Blackberry 9300 3g
    V5.0.0.955

I found the Bridge App under, "Options" "Applications" in the "Add-on" section so I know it's on there. However, I see no icon anywhere on the device. Thanks for the help.
    magoo had the same issue on page 2.
    05-19-11 10:55 PM
    magoo had the same issue on page 2.
    He did not reply where he ended up finding it though.

Edit. I think I got it. It didn't reboot the first time I loaded the COD's, but it did this time. I installed the JAD's first and then the COD's this time. We'll see... Rebooting.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-19-11 at 11:10 PM.
    05-19-11 11:03 PM
    nope, still not showing. I searched the files on my phone for the JAD and attempted to install it that way, but it gave me a 907 error invalid COD.

I just did some searching and I think using the WAP browser for OTA may have been my issue. However, that is an issue with an unlocked Storm 2 on ATT> Going to try to reload service books and get the stock browser back.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-19-11 at 11:34 PM.
    05-19-11 11:17 PM
    finally got it. i think it did have something to do with the hotspot browser.
    05-20-11 02:27 AM
    I'm running Bridge 1.0.0.83 on my Bold 9700 over version 6 bundle 2342 unfortunately on ATT's network. I must say that I haven't had issues with the bridge application talking, connecting, disconnecting with my PBook but, and this is a big but, the Bridge browser doesn't work. I get: "Connection refused google.com:80" if I try to go to google.com and the same repeats to any website that I try to visit. All the other Bridge applications work as they should.
    Anyone having or had the same issue and was able to resolve it?

Thanks!
    05-20-11 09:03 AM
    I am ATT BB Bold 9000 (v5.0.0.1067 Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.89). I downloaded the OTA for V5. I can get it to work intermittently. Once I get it connected, it stays connected until I turn one of them off at night. Someone suggested I just put all into 'standby' mode. But I see on this site that the Standby Mode is no longer working on Device software 5.0

http://crackberry.com/your-mute-key-...ing-stand-mode

I bought my PB from Blackberry.com. I contacted technical support with difficulties connecting Bridge. When they learned I was ATT, they said they could not help me. I asked about other difficulties while bridged like not being able to delete emails and some browser links not working. They said they could not help me. So (very frustrated) I went to customer service (I have had my PB for 13 days). I told them I wanted to return my PB because it wasn't working as advertised. They told me if I had removed it from the box and used it, it could NOT be returned! I asked about a warranty. They said that was only for EXCHANGES for a defective PB. So now I have NO technical support. I feel like I am totally STUCK as I am tied to ATT for 6 more months! And I used to be a very loyal customer as I worked for them for 30 years!!! This stinks!
    05-20-11 12:53 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD