OK, so i finally got my playbook last night and it's great. but i'm noticing some things that i'm not really sure if are evidence of an outdated OS, or just my own "newbieness". First, one of the absolute best things about managing your life on a blackberry instead of a personal computer is the ability to be on a webpage and be able to forward it effortlessly to a contact. (wellll theres no option button) so, (i'm doing this over bridge by the way) is it that i just dont know how or is this just the way it is? if so, does it get fixed in 2.0? Also i find it strange that when bridged, the phone beeps but not the playbook (maybe i'm a little petty.) . Also, is there general agreement on the best file manager? i need one, some files should be hidden away from the eyes of curious friend that want to peep your new hotness ( and we wiuld do well to spread the word. Anyway, loving the playbook just need some experienced imput).

btw how does one update a playbook OS without depending on the carrier? Crackberry takes care of my 9900.
    01-23-12 07:12 PM
    playbook does not have a carrier...
    01-23-12 07:31 PM
    Files & Folders works great for me. Also, OS updates for the PB have nothing to do with your carrier.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-23-12 07:31 PM
    There's no native mail client (yet) so there no way to forward anything to anyone (except bridge which is pretty weak).
    01-23-12 07:39 PM
    ...how does one update a playbook OS without depending on the carrier? Crackberry takes care of my 9900.
    You can update via
    • your tethered phone
    • USB connected to your PC
    • wi-fi (either your own router or a hotspot)
    01-23-12 07:40 PM
    Well, there is no effortlessly way. Your best bet is when you find a page you want to send to someone, hold your finger on the address, a pop-out menu will appear, you can hit select all, then copy.

From there, you can go to your bridged contacts, or straight to your bridged messages, and paste it in there.

Your playbook will update direct from a wifi connection. If you dont have one, the next time your pc / laptop is connected to the internet and you plug your playbook in, the desktop manager software should let you know and begin the update process.
    01-23-12 08:23 PM
    Feb 17th, your prayers will be answered.
    Tank1978 likes this.
    01-23-12 09:07 PM
    Thanx all (esp golem) that was golem twas helpful... I was just hoping there was an easy way I hadn't figured out yet. And yeah... Should smack myself in the forehead for not remembering that there's no native email yet. As far as the update process... Found it eventually... Carriers... Didn't know no-one carries em (no SIM right? Lol). Thanx anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-12 09:17 AM
    Also i find it strange that when bridged, the phone beeps but not the playbook (maybe i'm a little petty.) .
    Have you turned your notifications volume up in the "sounds" option of the control panel? Mine makes all kinds of bleeps, boinks, and jingle jingles ...
    01-25-12 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD