Well the new os was brilliant, but i needed to go to bed, next day i went to turn it on i was booting up for 30 mins still nothing, plugged it in to laptop, couldnt connect to it but it still let me download an update, i dont even know what the update was, but it failed and the playbook started up again and now i need to download os 2 and set everything up again from the start!
    Any of you lot had this problem?
    02-22-12 01:07 PM
    Must have been some issue with the download of the OS 2.0 when you did it, with all the traffic that was around.

I would suggest that you first make sure that your PB has enough charge, before you try anything, so plug it in for a few hours.

Then try the normal updating, as you did before, if it fails- then you might have to do the debrick method.
    02-22-12 01:17 PM
    Must have been some issue with the download of the OS 2.0 when you did it, with all the traffic that was around.

I would suggest that you first make sure that your PB has enough charge, before you try anything, so plug it in for a few hours.

Then try the normal updating, as you did before, if it fails- then you might have to do the debrick method.
    Its charging now and update will carry on when has 20% battery life, it was fine until i turned it back on, so maybe its a rare bug in the os?
    02-22-12 01:20 PM
    Was a really odd update for sure.... Mine crashed my playbook for all practical purposes, as the screen quit responding after a few minutes forcing a reboot then the same thing happened all over again. Later that day I rebooted 1 more time and for some reason it began working right.
    02-22-12 01:21 PM
    you would think with how long the update took to get out to the public, theyd get rid of pretty much all bugs and things
    02-22-12 01:23 PM
    Stuff happens
    02-22-12 02:46 PM
    Don't know why some downloads get messed up in transition. There are so many factors involved. OS2 downloaded flawlessly OTA for me but I remember doing an OS update to my 9670 that got all tweaked around so I had to hook it up to DM & do a repair. Like ddj247 said, stuff happens.
    02-22-12 02:59 PM
    Like ddj247 said, stuff happens.
    Just seems like a lot of "stuff" is happening right after an update. Maybe I'm paranoid but it seems like a lot of complaints about problems that the average user can handle. Not to mention free 90 day tech support on one thread the OP refused to call or email tech support about his problem. To me that's a red flag!
    02-22-12 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD