I have a playbook with the android version of kindle loaded. on my pc i have epub ebooks saved and would like to read them on my playbook. how can i do this?
    08-11-14 09:52 AM
    Use you PC to view the drives on your phone (assume you have LINE and STORAGE setup).

Copy the ebooks to device/misc/android/kindle Don't remember for sure, there may bee a Books folder in the directory also..... You might have to play with it a little.
    08-11-14 10:18 AM
    There is a documents folder and a books folder within /kindle. But if they're .epub I don't think kindle will take them. I think Kobo does .epub and it's in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 10:24 AM
    Kindle apps no matter the device canNOT read epub books. There programs for computers that can convert the books to kindle format. I believe there are a couple of epub reader apps for the Playbook.
    08-11-14 10:56 AM
    Kindle apps no matter the device canNOT read epub books. There programs for computers that can convert the books to kindle format. I believe there are a couple of epub reader apps for the Playbook.
    You are right... been so long I forgot. OP Calibre can do the conversion for you.... it's free and easy to use.

On of the big reasons people use tablets, and BlackBerry never really bothered to make sure their tablet could do it. If I remember, the Kindle App has some issue on the PlayBook. Just reading was an OK experience, but if you had textbooks or a manual something you wanted to highlight and come back too. Is was a problem as sometimes the index doesn't convert over correctly. Wasn't until my wife got an iPad and I used iBook that I really understood how good Apple is at providing a reason for a device.
    08-11-14 02:11 PM
    I use Book Reader (paid). A lot of users complain that it shows some sort of error whenever it opens, but the app loads fine for me.

Other options are here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-778653/ . A good native option seems to be PlayEPub; a good sideload is Moon+ Reader.
    08-11-14 02:30 PM
    I've been using Book Reader as well. It takes either mobi or epub fine. Occasionally it might give error read, it's just a glitch. A simple swipe left or right should fix it. Neither Kindle or Kobo works unless you purchase books directly from them. Just use wifi transfer from your pc to the PlayBook in the Book folder.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:44 PM
    Neither Kindle or Kobo works unless you purchase books directly from them.
    Posted via CB10
    Not true for Kindle.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-11-14 10:28 PM
    Not true for Kindle.
    I recently sideloaded kindle, I could not sync my books from the folder....it just keep spinning for the longest time. Only ten books. I just go back to my book reader.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 10:45 PM
    I recently sideloaded kindle, I could not sync my books from the folder...
    The books need to be in mobi format, and should be copied to misc/android/Kindle. I have no problem getting the Kindle app to load books this way. Try pasting this book into your Kindle folder (it's in the public domain) http://freekindlebooks.org/Burroughs/tarzn10.mobi
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    08-11-14 11:17 PM
    You can try moon+ reader.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 11:27 PM
    I recently sideloaded kindle, I could not sync my books from the folder....it just keep spinning for the longest time. Only ten books. I just go back to my book reader.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried setting up your email account with Kindle and sending them directly to it? I did that a long time ago and never had the slightest issue with it finding and loading any book. For example, I downloaded a lot of the Project Gutenberg free books on the laptop and just emailed them to my Kindle address. All appeared on the Playbook Kindle archive without any issues at all.

Worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    08-12-14 04:45 AM
    i use Book Reader for EPUB and kindle books if you buy for playbook you don't have to re-buy for BB10
    08-12-14 05:04 AM
    Hi everybody!

I've sideloaded Kindle onto my PB from Goodereader. However can someone please tell me where to actually find the Kindle folder when I plug my PB into my PC? I have clicked on misc. and then clicked on Android, but the folder for Kindle does not appear to drop my mobi file into the PB. What am I doing wrong? Am I looking in the wrong place? Kindle works just fine on my Q10.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 06:50 AM
    Hi everybody!

I've sideloaded Kindle onto my PB from Goodereader. However can someone please tell me where to actually find the Kindle folder when I plug my PB into my PC? I have clicked on misc. and then clicked on Android, but the folder for Kindle does not appear to drop my mobi file into the PB. What am I doing wrong? Am I looking in the wrong place? Kindle works just fine on my Q10.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    On my PlayBook, it's located in the MISC-ANDROID-KINDLE folder. Maybe you need to download something free from Kindle to get this folder created, or just create it yourself.
    08-12-14 07:38 AM
    On my PlayBook, it's located in the MISC-ANDROID-KINDLE folder. Maybe you need to download something free from Kindle to get this folder created, or just create it yourself.
    I'll give that a try! Thanks for the tip!

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 08:38 AM
    I'll give that a try! Thanks for the tip!

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    OK!! Got if figured out once and for all. I had to do a complete wipe. Once my PB restarted and got it setup, the first app I installed was Kindle. Works great now! So now I have Kindle working on my Q10 and PlayBook.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 09:04 AM
    I've had the kindle app for so long I forgot it wasn't native. It works perfectly. In fact my wife has a Kindle and we use the same account and can read each others books. Only problem is its my amazon account so I end up paying for all her books!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 06:06 PM