Everytime I read and delete mail on the playbook it couldn't be any slower. If i want to just skim thru emails and delete them i"ll be there all day. There's always a delayed response. It's really frustrating.
    10-07-12 08:43 PM
    If your on PB email, swipe down from the top,and you will be able to check boxes, it's quicker, if email is bridged I fined it easier to delete from the phone.
    10-07-12 09:38 PM
    yeah bridged email is pretty cool but the nav in general can be a bit slow.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-07-12 09:53 PM
    The native messages app is horribly slow. I am sure it will not be this way in bb10 but damn that is so far away.
    10-07-12 09:59 PM
    Way to far away
    10-07-12 10:16 PM
    I guess the question is; what is slow to you. For me and probably for many others it is fine.
    10-08-12 12:04 AM
    Please tell us what type of email server you are using and if you are talking about Bridge mode or Native. I notice some lag with Bridge email, but ActiveSync works fast.
    10-08-12 02:09 AM
    Reading and deleting mail on playbook really sucks-img_00000003.jpgReading and deleting mail on playbook really sucks-img_00000004.jpg

viewing emails sucks? you simply tap your finger on a piece of glass then tap it again on the top right corner of that same piece of glass again to view it larger. its not physically exausting or hard to see, not sure what sucks here?

you tap your finger on a piece of glass on a garbage can icon to delete an email. not too hard to phyically do or decypher. not sure what sucks here? deleting masses? like the other guy said, what could possibly be easier then selecting which with the check boxes
    10-08-12 02:21 AM
    If like me you are despaired by the native mail (among other, its ability to arbitrarily decide connections, preventing your PC or mac to retrieve anything), you can sideload the Android-based Kaiten Mail, or K9-mail, which both behave just normally (and are fast).
    Expect minimalistic interfaces though, and 'find-it-yourself' documenting.
    The difference between them is basically the GUI, I for one prefer Kaiten.
    When I see the new OS2.1 version announces 'portrait mode' as THE improvement for Mail, I cry.
    10-08-12 05:12 AM
    Or android Email, which is already loaded on your PB- no sideloading is needed. It can be accessed through Ghost Commander or other android launchers (Quick App Manager, Es File Explorer).
    10-08-12 08:20 AM
    I guess the question is; what is slow to you. For me and probably for many others it is fine.
    It needs to be as fast as my phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    howarmat likes this.
    10-09-12 12:29 AM
    Everytime I read and delete mail on the playbook it couldn't be any slower. If i want to just skim thru emails and delete them i"ll be there all day. There's always a delayed response. It's really frustrating.
    Agree it is slow. I would ask what email are you using. if you are using gmail there is no point in deleting mail (yeah i have mail from 2005 in my box). its i eaiser to delete on your phone and reconsile. also works well with lots of unread mail
    10-09-12 02:56 AM
    It needs to be as fast as my phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    this

I can open read and delete an email on my nexus before my pb even loads the email app and i am able to see the new mail
    Herve5 likes this.
    10-09-12 05:21 AM
    Yes, truly the most terrorizing 10 seconds in all of the tech world.
    10-09-12 06:28 AM
    Has anyone found a solution to this? I just switch from a 9700 runing OS 6 to a 9900 running 7.1.0.714. It's noticeably slower on the 9900.
    10-19-12 03:03 PM
    It is very slow but I suggest...I have no real suggestion just hope it gets faster over time.
    10-19-12 03:10 PM
    If you're talking about the native messages app.
    I don't even bother deleting emails since emails are only kept for 30 days on the playbook anyways. And all the emails are just kept in my hotmail or gmail accounts. From time to time I might log in to my gmail/hotmail accounts, do a search for newsletters or other common stuff I get but that are not needed to keep and delete them all at once.
    But otherwise, my emails are forever stored in my accounts. (Yes, I'm a hoarder)

Loading emails on the other hand I will agree with you if you say it's slow. Especially if there are images (like in a newsletter).
    10-19-12 03:43 PM
    [QUOTE=Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes;7666793]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000003.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	122493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000004.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	122494
    you tap your finger on a piece of glass on a garbage can icon to delete an email. not too hard to phyically do or decypher. not sure what sucks here? deleting masses? like the other guy said, what could possibly be easier then selecting which with the check boxes[/QUOTE
    I think the OP was implying that there are too many clicks involved. My own experience is that one has to click on the "garbage can" icon and when the Email message opens then one can select the "delete" box. But sometimes if one rushes too quickly while the email is still in the process of opening, deleting may not work. Why can't we eliminate one step by not having to click on the confirmation question whether one is sure one wants to "delete?" No doubt the foregoing is a common safety feature found on many OS, but I believe that we can eliminate one intermediate step and go directly to the trash can.

I like a solution posted in another thread where the poster recommended swiping down from the top and click on "Select" and then check off all those email that one wants to trash.
    10-19-12 03:53 PM
    You can simplify things on the native email by going to options and setting "confirm delete " to off. Then it is simply a touch on the trash can.
    10-19-12 04:11 PM
    I was just fooling around with bridge email to see if I could speed up the deles. I found that deleting bridge email seems to be quite a bit faster if WiFi is disabled on my phone.

Just to be safe when I tried this, I disconnected bridge, disabled WiFi on phone and then reconnected to bridge.

Makes me think that it would be a great option for bridge to either enable/disable it's use, or better yet, select what bridge functions its allowed to use the WiFi for.

Just a thought.
    10-19-12 11:36 PM
    For me I just hate having to go through all of the emails I have already seen on my phone just to clear the new email notification because I have to pause on each one for a full second and if there is 20..............uhg.
    10-19-12 11:52 PM