Is it possible to rearrange one's bookmarks?
    06-26-12 02:21 PM
    Unfortunately - NO. Pathetic at one year and two months!

What some folks now do is save bookmarks to their home page. Then those can be collected into more or more folders and re-ordered in those folders.
    06-26-12 03:07 PM
    Have also found that is is possble to rename a folder, but a bookmark saved to homescreen, cannot be renamed. So take care what you name them. Saving these bookmarks to homescreen/folders, is actually fewer steps to launch a bookmark than one in browser.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-26-12 at 03:16 PM.
    06-26-12 03:12 PM
    There is a workaround that I use to organize my bookmarks. It involves first opening each bookmark in the browser and then rebookmarking each site, only this time instead of choosing "add to bookmarks" choose "add to desktop". Then take all of the desktop bookmarks and put them together in a desktop folder. Then rearrange the bookmarks in the folder in the order you want. Then, go back and delete all of your bookmarks in the browser. Then open the desktop folder and open each bookmark in the order you want them to appear, except going last to first, and rebookmark them in the browser.

This is not too onerous for me, since I only bookmark the dozen or so sites that I visit the most. But, one of my bookmarks is of an HTML file that I exported from my desktop browser, so I can open this bookmarked file and have access to all the bookmarks on my desktop, organized as they are on my desktop.
    06-26-12 03:31 PM
    I have all my bookmarks organized in Google Chrome on my desktop. I exported them in categories as html files (8 files all together). I uploaded them to a folder on my PB called Bookmarks. I used a file browser for the PB to open each html file and bookmark it. So when I want to see my news bookmarks, I click the bookmark for 'news.html' and voila! all my news bookmarks. Same with weather, forums, etc etc. I can't edit them on the fly but haven't had a need to since I did it back in March.
    Magnesus likes this.
    06-26-12 06:57 PM
    Guys, this is a heads-up about Dolphin browser for the Playbook from the Appworld. I've had it installed for a few days and never messed with the settings. On default, it would be very slow and sluggish. However, I disabled Javascript and also put a checkmark at the "Browse without history" box and noticed immediately that pages load extremely fast and the browser became very fast. It seems to load pages even faster than the stock browser.

I allow it to retain cache, too.
    06-27-12 04:40 PM
    Have a look at "Start in Style" in app world, it works quit well, simple and straight forward.
    06-27-12 04:52 PM
    I read it does handle bookmarks, and ad-filtering as well?
    06-28-12 02:57 AM
    Just save them to your homescreen, and put it in one folder
    06-28-12 03:55 AM
    I read it does handle bookmarks, and ad-filtering as well?
    I tend to SimpleBrowser+ and Secure Browser before using the native browser.
    06-28-12 08:54 AM
    Can't wait for BB10 to customize our bookmarks a bit
    06-28-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD