I bought this rapid charging dock about a week ago, and been using it ever since. Howerver, today i wanted to update the rest of the playbooks in the household, that are dead, kids never charge them, so i put one on regular charger and the other on the dock. I was watching the one on rapid dock to reach 20% so that i could get the update, once it was done I started the update and went to the regular charger one. To my surprise, it had reached the charge of 36% in about the same time. So I put my own playbook on the regular charge and left for a little more than an hour, came back and it was 100%. BUT, the annoying battery drain issue that I had been searching for in the forums for days, seems to be fixed, cause I have been writing this post on my playbook and the battery is down only 2%. So.....I would like to know if the people who are having this battery drain issue using the rapid charger...if yes then...it is infact a rapid battery drainer, not a rapid charger....

P.S sorry about the rambling...its my first post ever...
    08-03-12 02:30 AM
    Don't pay too much attention to the percentage. It's an estimation done in software, not a measurement done in hardware. Different charging & usage patterns on different devices will give different results.
    08-03-12 04:48 AM
    I suggest you read the customer reviews of the Rapid Charging Dock on Amazon.com. I do not own one (I have the Rapid Travel Charger), but it seems like your problem is the same reported by many dock users on Amazon.
    08-03-12 07:34 AM
    When you connect a dead PlayBook to rapid charger turn it on and reboot device. Then charger will work as advertised. PlayBooks with completely dead batteries act wired when trying to recharge. It's a pain but it will make everything better when you reboot.
    08-03-12 07:50 AM
    I guess I'm kinda OCD about letting any of my BlackBerry devices get below 10% battery power. Over the years I've found that my devices start to act "strange" when they go below 10%. When (which is extremely rare) my PlayBook and/or BlackBerry phone(s) drain completely I use the ORIGINAL charger that came with the device, they seem to work best when charging from a totally drained battery.
    08-03-12 08:05 AM
    I suggest you read the customer reviews of the Rapid Charging Dock on Amazon.com. I do not own one (I have the Rapid Travel Charger), but it seems like your problem is the same reported by many dock users on Amazon.
    The dock and corded rapid chargers have the same specs. Just different form.
    With both the rapid chargers there can be instances of no charge even though the lightning bolt is showing. I don't believe that has anything to do with the OP's post. In fact it seems as though a problem that was once present has corrected itself.

I had a period of greater then normal standby battery drain. For me it seemed to be related to wifi/bluetooth. Airplane mode would correct the issue. I don't know what changed but the problem corrected itself.

I agree with Innovatology, don't pay much attention to percentage levels. If you had left both PB's off or standby and charged from "dead" I think I you would find the rapid charger will get to full charge(lightning bolt goes away or solid green light) just a bit quicker. Maybe a half hour.
    08-03-12 10:09 AM
    I use the original wall charger, a rapid charging dock and a rapid travel Charger. I see no difference in battery drain between the 3 chargers.

One issue I have noticed is wifi signal strength effecting battery drain. Inside my house (strong signal), there are no issues but if I go outside (weaker signal) my battery seems to last about half the time it should. So I assume the wifi receiver must drain more power while it works harder to maintain connection.
    08-03-12 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD