Can someone thats has the rapid charger give me the output specs of it. Volts and amps please. Thanks
    05-04-11 08:13 PM
    12v, 2Amps

Charges %50 of my playbook in about an hour and 15 min.

Mag connector is cool.
    Masterherm likes this.
    05-04-11 09:10 PM
    12v, 2Amps

Charges %50 of my playbook in about an hour and 15 min.

Mag connector is cool.
    Thanks, thats a big difference from the normal charger. 5v 1.8a
    05-04-11 09:48 PM
    Hi friends I have a DEAD playbook. Can someone tell me if the rapid charger gives the playbook battery while connected to the wall?
    wallrapidcharger --> rapidcharger --> playbook ?
    07-24-13 09:05 AM
    Hi friends I have a DEAD playbook. Can someone tell me if the rapid charger gives the playbook battery while connected to the wall?
    wallrapidcharger --> rapidcharger --> playbook ?
    That would depend on what is wrong with your pb??? If there's a broken connection then it might not work. What is dead? What happened?

Did you try Stack Charging?
    07-24-13 09:38 AM
    The playbook was showing red light and then yellow 5 times.
    Now I turned it ON but doesnt get 1%...
    stuck at 0% with a big icon in the middle of the screen.
    connected to the rapidcharger(the rapidcharger is connected to the wall).
    and connected to the usb/computer.
    should I do something, or it will be 0% forever? sorry for posting more topics! and PM
    and thanks for helping!!
    07-24-13 10:14 AM
    F2 now he's 5% WO-O! with some lucky it will turn ON!
    ill update here later!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-24-13 10:24 AM
    Again, don't keep turning it on. Especially if it looks as if it is charging. Leave it alone for 3 or 4 hours if you have that kind of patience
    07-24-13 11:01 AM
    Can someone thats has the rapid charger give me the output specs of it. Volts and amps please. Thanks
    The rapid chargers using the magnetic pogo pin port are rated at 12 volts and two amps. They do not connect directly to the 5 volt charging port. Delmeister showed a possible circuitry to allow a 12 volt source charge the battery.

A thread giving data for the 12 volt charging port is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nments-749469/
    07-24-13 01:28 PM
    My rapidcharger is dead I guess.
    I left it charging all night and when I connect to the playbook, nothing happens.
    The rapidcharger should acumulate energy, right?
    07-25-13 04:40 AM
    Look at the rapid charger's three pins. Make sure that they are all about the same height - they are spring-loaded and sometimes one may be too low to make contact. Which one do you have - Travel is the one with the wired "plug" and not the dock. If TRAVEL, turn it so that the wire goes the opposite way and see if that changes. You can sometimes slightly alter the plug by moving it to make better contact. In the attached picture, the leftmost pin is low. I can still get it to work by playing with the alignment when I attach it to the pb. The dock pins can also be lower.
    Attached Thumbnails rapid charger specs-rapidcharger2lowpin.jpg  
    07-25-13 08:36 AM
    If the playbook usb charger is rated at 5v & rapid charger is rated at 12v wont the rapid charger fry the playbook?. I am thinking of buying one.
    10-05-14 07:51 AM
    No, the 12 volts won't hurt it a bit. The Playbook is designed with that in mind. After all, it's a different connector than the USB one that only takes 5 volts.

Inside the Playbook, the power supply and battery maintenance circuitry uses switch mode circuitry that can increase or decrease the input voltage as needed, as is true for any laptop and most tablets. Nothing new there.

The main reason for the 12 volts is to allow 24 watts to enter the Playbook without needing larger connector contacts (for higher current). Hats off to whoever created that part of the Playbook!
    mh1983 likes this.
    10-21-14 08:00 PM
    The rapid charger was one of the first things I got for the PB and can not imagine using the usb port for charging. When and if I ever replace it, an optional charging system will be on the must have list. Sometimes, I will stream all day or need the unit at full charge in the am and then later in the pm with both times having heavy battery drain. I can go from about 15% to full charge in just over an hour.
    10-23-14 01:34 PM
    The 12v 2amp magnetic charger is worth its weight in gold. 0 to 100% charge in just over 2 hours. $20 on shop crackberry last week
    10-27-14 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD