Sorry for this totally untimely rant, but this has been bugging me for quite some time: The current state of the Playbook and its user base as represented on Crackberry is highly disturbing. From several posts I gather there are only two groups of people, on the one hand people who hate Blackberry and only see doom and gloom when referring to the Playbook and on the other hand the group of shills and fanboys, who still cling to their nave beliefs, that everythings alright and Blackberry is doing just fine. (Your own definition of the two groups may vary!). But as we have ascertained there are really only two groups in these forums these days, there is NO need for to keep pointing fingers at each other, with only two choices everyone is fully capable of figuring out to which group anyone belongs without the additional finger-pointing and name calling. At least IMHO. If you disagree with each other, feel free to disagree. Even vehemently, where appropriate. But even disagreement can/should be possible in an orderly fashion. In other words: try to keep it civil
    Rant ends here!
    07-17-13 05:32 AM
    You missed a significant group. Those that are sad to see the Playbook EOL but are not turning a blind eye to the problem nor flinging poo at Blackberry. This group will evaporate as they move on to other platforms but at the moment you can find them when you read some of the threads. They usually only stay on the first page or two of a thread (before it devolves into chaos).
    Robert Roger, tsells and Barljo like this.
    07-17-13 05:42 AM
    Sure, but for the sake of my rant I wanted to simplify the problem a little...
    07-17-13 05:45 AM
    Seeing the same thing too, but I don't know how to categorize myself, I'm guessing i would like to be in the 3rd group, even though I post way past the initial 3 pages.

It is pretty sad to see a community fractured like this, might be a common thing, but I don't know since this is the first tech forum I joined.

Here's to hoping we all can get along some day soon.
    07-17-13 07:14 AM
    But the community being fractured isn't my main gripe. It being fractured would seem to be the logical conclusion of recent events. It being fractured, however, doesn't mean we should stop being civil towards each other. Like I said: feel free to disagree and where needed even vehemently disagree, but please stop with the finger-pointing and name calling...
    (Now I do it again: second rant ends here! )
    sjsg likes this.
    07-17-13 07:29 AM
    Unfortunately, these little, plastic, blinking LED devices are like part of the family and we will fight to the death for them!
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-17-13 02:21 PM
    But on account of our cuddly adopted Playbooks we're basically one family anyway and in-law deatch matches should only be allowed at Thanksgiving (if ever)...
    07-17-13 03:05 PM
    Seeing the same thing too, but I don't know how to categorize myself, I'm guessing i would like to be in the 3rd group, even though I post way past the initial 3 pages.

It is pretty sad to see a community fractured like this, might be a common thing, but I don't know since this is the first tech forum I joined.

Here's to hoping we all can get along some day soon.
    i am in the 4 th group. who sees something might be doable. and free those trapped ones. and the head count is in single digit. majority is in yes and no and yes/no i am in the may be group. may be we can have a bootrom of our own and let community drive its project.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-17-13 03:39 PM
    I'll let you all in on a little secret: it doesn't matter to which group you belong!
    07-17-13 03:42 PM
    Are you suggesting that any who does not agree with me, is not a dumb arse?
    07-17-13 03:59 PM
    I'll let you all in on a little secret: it doesn't matter to which group you belong!
    I'm a groucho marxist. I refuse to belong to any group that would allow someone like me to be a member
    07-17-13 04:01 PM
    Are you suggesting that any who does not agree with me, is not a dumb arse?
    You may obviously feel that way. The point I was trying to make is that you do not necessarily have to express those feelings
    07-17-13 04:03 PM
    I'm a groucho marxist. I refuse to belong to any group that would allow someone like me to be a member
    i belong to a group called think positive, no matter how bad situation is. a smile will take the misery away. :-)
    and communism, who cares about it anymore. long live or rather RIP USSR! ;-)
    now its either brotherhood else prepare for the battle. :-D
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-17-13 04:11 PM
    But on account of our cuddly adopted Playbooks we're basically one family anyway and in-law deatch matches should only be allowed at Thanksgiving (if ever)...
    I want to be part of your family! Mine is at it all the time, 24/7/365! I think we just need to practice the Golden Rule and treat others like we want to be treated and get along.
    07-17-13 04:42 PM
    I want to be part of your family! Mine is at it all the time, 24/7/365! I think we just need to practice the Golden Rule and treat others like we want to be treated and get along.
    market rate of gold is falling. can i try uranium 235 or plutonium 238? everyone respects the u235 rule or p238. whether they like it or not they love it and respect it. ditch gold adopt the u-235 rules. frikkin rawks!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-18-13 12:34 AM
    Nettiquite died when marketing people decided everyone should have a computer, no matter how poor, rude or stupid. Compared to some sites, people have behaved pretty well.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:50 AM
    Nettiquite died when marketing people decided everyone should have a computer, no matter how poor, rude or stupid. Compared to some sites, people have behaved pretty well.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, yes, the classic "I don't have to change, because others are so much worse" defense...
    07-18-13 04:05 AM
    Ah, yes, the classic "I don't have to change, because others are so much worse" defense...
    More like I need some attention, let's fling some turd around.
    07-18-13 05:08 AM
    We're in a whirlwind of digital change.
    Do you remember when rotary phones turned into touch tone or when you got your first answering machine?
    And that first "Cell" phone?Wow!

Now, Touch Tone is Touch Screen... Answering machines are voice mail and cell phones are mobile devices.
    And with Windows 8, it's like learning computing all over again.. and let's not forget that BlackBerry 10 has changed everything.
    So, sure.. the PlayBook isn't getting a whole lot of attention For now!
    Ya gotta just roll with it. In a few more years, all this will be old hat.

I guess I'm saying just be patient. It'll come.
    BlackBerry has some catching up to do, We just have to wait till the children with their toy phones stocked full of useless "C"r-app or as I like to call it Kiddy-Litter, from those other two networks,grow up and fade away , UNLESS, You're totally connected to a social network and you think sharing music, pictures and videos makes you feel like you've accomplished something (NOT)... letting everyone know
    WHERE you're going... HOW you're getting there... WHAT you're listening to on the way there.... WHEN you got there and WHY you did all that in the first place..... Well,...

OK, I'm Ranting!
    We're Addicts! We were on top, almost drowned.. but we're still here and we'll look back on this sooner than you think when we're back on top again.
    If BlackBerry dies... I'm gonna dust off my old rotary phone and busy signals will be music to my ears.

END OF RANT!!!!!!!
    07-18-13 05:20 AM