I have a very odd issue that I've noticed over a few different software upgrades (all standard OS releases) with my PB: After upgrading, I have several (maybe 75-200 depending on the upgrade) random, low quality icons that appear in my image library. These seem to be mostly international flags and travel icons, such as Delta, Expedia, etc. A screenshot is attached for reference.

After the last two OS updates, I spent an hour or more deleting all of the unnecessary icons out of my PlayBook only to have them reappear with the next OS update. Strangely, they do not appear in your image library unless you are scanning through pictures to attach to an email. If you go into the standard "Pictures" folder, they do not appear there at all. Very strange.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Random travel icons after OS updates?-img_00000264.jpg  
    01-11-13 06:12 PM
    Do you have any Android apps? Some of those will cache thumbnails of pictures that they use. One I've read about may be Kayak (travel app??). The images are usually located in some subfolder in the Android folder. The pb generally indexes ALL photos no matter where and may show them depending on what you are doing.
    MPLexus301 likes this.
    01-11-13 06:50 PM
    As F2 stated, they're probably cached thumbs from an android app. They're also probably all or mostly all located in the same folder on your PB. You can locate this folder by doing a search. First, open the native File Browser on your PB. Then go into edit mode (pencil icon). Then locate one of the problem images and tap on the images trashcan. A dialogue will appear asking if you want to delete (filename). Write down the name of the file and then choose cancel. Now do a search for the file. You can do this using Ghost Commander or Files and Folders or a number of other file browsers- or by using an app world app called "Search Files". Make sure you include android folders in your search. A hit in any of these apps should tell you what folder the pic is located in. You can then use one of the file browsers that see the PB's folder structure (Ghost, F&F, Air Browser and others) to navigate to this folder and delete all of the images contained therein.
    MPLexus301 likes this.
    01-11-13 07:30 PM
    Thanks guys. I do indeed have Kayak on here, so you're right!
    01-11-13 07:43 PM
    The main problem is the way the pb displays them in various apps. They can show up when trying to attach an image to an email, or when you look at all photos. They can show up in various photo editing apps. So they "bubble" to the surface when you really don't need to see them or filter through them.
    01-11-13 08:31 PM