Hey, everyone.

I go to share a downloaded pic on Twitter from my PB and the list of pics to choose from is huge, including what looks like flags from some old travel app I had previously. I have to cycle through a couple of hundred to get to the new pics I just downloaded.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, do you know how to fix it as the pics don't appear in the gallery on their own.

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 05:49 PM
    Hey, everyone.

I go to share a downloaded pic on Twitter from my PB and the list of pics to choose from is huge, including what looks like flags from some old travel app I had previously. I have to cycle through a couple of hundred to get to the new pics I just downloaded.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, do you know how to fix it as the pics don't appear in the gallery on their own.

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    It's because of Android apps that are caching images on your device. Sideloads and ones downloaded from BlackBerry World do this. There is no real "fix" .
    06-25-13 06:05 PM
    The "fix" is to delete them. You can either do this one by one in file manager, or try a mass delete. To mass delete you'll need to find the folder that they're located in. One way to do this is to select one of these files for deletion in "File Manager". A dialogue will pop up asking you to confirm- do not delete the file. Rather write the name of the file down, and then hit "cancel". Now you can do a search for the file in the "Misc" folder on the PB. There are a number of apps that will allow you to do this, Files and Folders, Ghost Commander, Air Browser among others. Hopefully, a search will show you the folder where the pic is located, and you can now navigate to this folder and delete all of the pics in there.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-13 06:16 PM
    The "fix" is to delete them. You can either do this one by one in file manager, or try a mass delete. To mass delete you'll need to find the folder that they're located in. One way to do this is to select one of these files for deletion in "File Manager". A dialogue will pop up asking you to confirm- do not delete the file. Rather write the name of the file down, and then hit "cancel". Now you can do a search for the file in the "Misc" folder on the PB. There are a number of apps that will allow you to do this, Files and Folders, Ghost Commander, Air Browser among others. Hopefully, a search will show you the folder where the pic is located, and you can now navigate to this folder and delete all of the pics in there.
    Thanks for your reply!

However the pictures don't actually appear in the file manager or gallery at all. It's when I need to upload a saved pic to Twitter for example that I have to cycle through loads of them!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 12:23 PM
    What app are you using to upload these pics? Are you using a browser or another app, and is it native or android? Also, what do you mean by Gallery? Do you mean the native Pictures app, or the android Gallery app?
    06-27-13 12:33 PM
    What about putting a .nomedia file in the folder. That works in other areas of the filing system.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 01:24 PM
    Old travel app? Perchance could it be Kayak?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-27-13 01:33 PM
    Obviously, this again points out the continuing weakness in the PB's file manager or file picker system. Every darn photo shows when you want to select one for some additional operations. If it only respected Folder organization it would help immensely. Oh, well, I've been going on about this issue for years now!!!!
    06-27-13 03:07 PM
    Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I had a look through Ghost Commander and found an old Kayak file that is left over despite uninstalling the app ages ago. I swept through and deleted the files and they disappeared. There are still some random pictures appearing in the file manager section but I'll figure it out using GC.

Thanks again, everyone, for offering suggestions!
    06-27-13 04:00 PM