After about an hour of use my Playbook cursor would start to move randomly around the screen. Applications would open and scroll. When I am using an Ebook reader it would move all over the chapter. When playing music it would open tracks at random for a short period of time. When no application is running it opens my pictures at a very fast pace. If I shutdown it will behave for 30 minutes to an hour and start again. Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas what I can do to fix it? I am contemplating a complete wipe and re-install. I am concerned it maybe a hardware issue.
    09-19-11 09:44 PM
    I've seen this happen when the PB is used near a very strong electromagnetic source. In a concert-venue where I work there are large sub speakers under the stage and a light installation overhead, which cause these random movements.

Many things can cause electromagentic interference, especially if they have bad shielding. Besides speakers these include microwave ovens, unshielded CRT monitors, TL armatures, heavy machinery etc. Try moving away a few meters to determine whether that is the cause of your interference.
    Superfly_FR and MKS079 like this.
    09-20-11 01:35 AM
    Thanks for the tip but unfortunately I don't think it is EMI. I have had this happen on a commercial airplane and at home, well away from any electromagnetic source. I am backing the Playbook in preparation for a total wipe but hate to go through a rebuild if there is a simple solution out there.
    Last edited by MKS079; 09-21-11 at 08:01 PM.
    09-20-11 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD