To be honest my PlayBook is fast enough, screen is a perfect fit for typing, playing games and web surfing. The Only reason I would get a new PlayBook is if they add a MicroSD. So I ask what would make you want to upgrade to a New PlayBook? What features would you like to see?
    02-12-12 01:13 PM
    None @ this point. The speed and the wifi cnx is fine for my current use. I just want v2 os. Hopefully it will be out soon.
    02-12-12 01:17 PM
    i dont think i will, i got mine current one in end of november, getting the new model will be too soon
    02-12-12 01:36 PM
    not that i actually need one right away, but i might end buying one later on.
    02-12-12 01:43 PM
    I too would take a wait-and-see method... I want to see what all will be in the OS2, get to play with it and then see what the NEW Playbook would have.. yes, a SD card slot would sway me.
    02-12-12 02:02 PM
    No need to until this one kicks the bucket. Don't really need an SD card, definitely don't need a 3G/4G. Unless for some reason the 1st-gens run like a dog on OS2.
    02-12-12 02:09 PM
    I will get whatever playbook it is, wifi only, when my current playbook dies from age.
    02-12-12 02:12 PM
    Depends on what new features are added to the new one. If all it is is a spec bump, then probably not. But if they say make one with a larger screen, a higher res desiplay, better batterylife, slicker design I just might bite.
    02-12-12 02:35 PM
    I don't have one yet, so probably get the new one when it comes out or just get a current one on sale soon.
    02-12-12 05:04 PM
    What new Playbook? The only one I've heard of only exist in the rumor mill.
    02-12-12 05:10 PM
    Nah! ..... My wife is just fine thank you.
    02-12-12 05:11 PM
    it would have to be price for me; if it comes in at around 200 bucks (which i know won't happen). other than that i'm fine with the one i have...especially now that i can play super nintendo and genesis games on it.
    02-12-12 06:00 PM
    Nope, will use his one until it is on its last legs. I was never one to buy the latest device until my current one has died or the new apps/software was not compatible. I was also never one to get caught up with hardware specs. In fact I thing RIM should continue selling this version of the playbook as long as possible at a cheap price ($199-250) along with newer versions. Flood the emerging markets with hen and continue support for it for the next 3 to 4 years.
    02-12-12 06:16 PM
    It depends. I'm likely to be getting a Playbook sometime these next few months (don't have one yet) so if the rumors turn out to be true and a 2nd generation PB gets announced and released sometime the next 2-3 months, I'll probably wait and get that. If not, I'm gonna be happy spending my money on the current Playbook
    02-12-12 06:22 PM
    I'll prolly wait till the 3rd-4th incarnation that has a substantial upgrade to hardware.
    02-12-12 06:27 PM
    The day it comes out!!!
    02-12-12 06:49 PM
    No, I wont be getting the next playbook

the only way I will be buying a new PlayBook in the next 18 months are

15" form factor is released.

OR

new 7" form factor is released, with a slightly smaller bezel, tapered edges, NFC, and BlueTooth 4.0, I'd like to see it weigh in around 395g
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-12-12 06:58 PM
    From what I've heard so far (and this is NOT confirmed)

1.5 GHz processor, maybe the TI OMAP 4460, if so the GPU will be the same
    NFC (Near Field Communications)
    42 Mbps HSPA Radio

Now again, Ill restate this is PURELY speculation, nothing is confirmed but if the specs of the new playbook will look anything like that there wouldn't be any reason for me to get it since the GPU doesn't change (under the assumption they are using the TI OMAP 4460), the HSPA radio I can live without, Id never use it anyways, using BlackBerry Bridge works well and its got in app support for certain apps too now. NFC may be nice to fool around with sometimes (Play around with it a bit on my 9360) Personally I wouldn't be upgrading any time soon, Possibly I'll go out and get myself a demo unit to review for my website but that's about it
    02-12-12 07:04 PM
    What is this new phantom Playbook ? We don't even have 2.0 yet and here we are putting the cart before the horse ? again ? If one did come out, why would i waste $500 + on a new one. I can till December ( again ) and buy one for $199.
    02-12-12 07:14 PM
    I don't see a need. I have 6gb with tethering data plan with rogers and mobile hotspot works great. Don't think any apps will take advantage of the greater speed boost.
    microsd card slot would be nice however.
    If they get USB host working in 2.0 can still jury rig external storage via usb stick if want some additional movable storage.
    02-12-12 07:17 PM
    I'm penny wise so the only way I'll be purchasing a newer PB model is if it were discounted around blackfriday. I don't allow myself to get gadgets which cost more than $200 unless it's a watch
    02-12-12 07:24 PM
    I just hope RIM doesn't change the Playbook system, either with new hardware or with any future updates. I love and am addicted to the current navigational system and everything about the Playbook. I never was all that impressed with the style or shape, but now it's the only thing I want. I'm impressed how well it sits in one hand as I hold it up in front of me. The rubberized back with the square edge and slightly raised bezel edge combine to make it a pleasure and comfort to hold.
    02-12-12 07:31 PM
    I would like to get the new playbook. If it's obviously better I probably will
    02-12-12 08:14 PM
    My current playbook is just fine but I could get a new one for my wife, she used to be a Mac fan but then I bought my PB and she loves it
    02-12-12 08:23 PM
    I don't think anyone is getting the new Playbook yet unless they are in need of some serious anti-psychotic meds (meaning they are in a unique hallucinogenic state). There is no proof it even exists - just a rumor which people keep dragging up....
    02-12-12 08:25 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD