09-04-15 11:01 AM
43 12
tools
    hi i followed the procedure but i've got a question

when i turned it on the RED light shows and the screen shows the BB PB logo then the switching pastel color.
    then it turned off again.

as i read thru the step that i should press on button then plug in and out
    the red light shows then it shows the start up screen...but it still wont charge! so what now?

as of now i've seen this image flashed on the screen Quickest Stack-Charge for Dead Playbook-playbookplugicon.jpg
    so i plugged in the charger and as of now it still plugged in...what will i do next?
    will i wait 2 hours to hard reset it?

and oh btw i cant install BlackBerry Bridge and Blackberry Messenger it say invalid device profile

thanks for the help
    09-29-13 08:56 AM
    Leave it plugged in overnight if you can. If you try turning it on while it is still LOW, you defeat the slow charging and deplete the battery again.
    09-29-13 11:34 AM
    I'm in the same zone too. The method works to the point where the playbook starts booting up again by itself. Note that I'm not switching the device on, but it seems to power up by itself and then goes dead again. Any help?
    10-08-13 06:53 AM
    I found the best solution - fought with the Playbook for 2 days, trying stack charging, new chords, connecting to Blackberry desktop, etc. Finally, I decided to take the Playbook to the same place I put my Torch - the trash. I now have a Microsoft Surface RT 2. What a difference. Windows 8 isn't great, but at least the thing works.
    CrownIsle and gojira5150 like this.
    10-25-13 03:43 PM
    Hello Arve,

I have the exactly same problem as you but I didn't understand your method I did it a couple of times but it's still dead.
    I have opened my playbook and charged the batterie manually too but it doesn't works.
    Pls help me
    01-26-14 07:30 AM
    01-26-14 09:23 AM
    I had the same problem like all of you. I tried to stack charge it but without success. Then I contacted BB and handed over my device to them even though I had ran out of my warranty period they fixed it free of cost. Actually I had reported my problem in the dying days of my warranty. I advise all of you to who have this problem to contact BB and see what they say.

Take care
    01-26-14 11:57 PM
    I have tried all the solutions,stack charging my playbook..

After several cycles of stack charging.. Red led glows once, followed by empty battery icon with a bolt sign, the icon stays there for 5 to 10 seconds which is followed by a single green/yellow led glow which goes out abruptly and then nothing happens for 40 to 50 seconds.
    Then playbook tries to boot up and abruptly shuts down in middle of boot process.

I have tried stack charging for hours stopping just before playbook boots but never did i get past the above mentioned cycle

Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ishan, did you managed to get your PlayBook fixed? If yes, how? Mine seems to have the same symptoms like yours.

My PlayBook behaves like this:
    I connect the charger, red led lights up for a 5-10 seconds(no blinks), then the red battery with bolt sign for another 5-10 seconds, then the battery disappears and the led lights up green for 10 seconds. Then everything goes blanks and the process starts again by itself.

I let it run this process for 10 hours, with the 1.8 A charger. The charger was luke warm, I guess it was charging, but should't be enough to load the OS after so many hours?

Thanks in advance!
    03-13-14 04:21 AM
    I Have been fighting with mine for 4 days now, stack charging ect. Got to where you are right now.
    Got me a surge suppresser and a Magnitic Charing dock station, and started stack charging from there.
    Turn the charger on with the switch on the surge protecter, the red LED on the off the dead battery with the lightening bolt and the green Led if the LED goes on then off abruptley and does not start pulsing turn it off wait only acouple of seconds ( found the keaving it off for a minute a waste of 58 seconds) and continue till the LED pulses, once it pulses leave it. the Blackberry window will come up and go off once the Menu screen comes on (like I said I have been at this for 4 days now) you need to quickly press the Battery in the upper right hand corner and press the Standbye button from there your are charging
    The hickup in the gettyup here is being there when it decides to boot to the Menu screen, if you miss it it sucks your battery down and now you wait for it to charge back up to boot again.
    Last edited by PHolland; 05-16-14 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Missed something
    05-16-14 11:50 AM
    I left mine a couple more weeks to discharge even more and then it suddenly started to charge when I plugged the charger, in a few hours it was good as new.
    These tablets are too good to go down without a fight
    05-16-14 12:05 PM
    ooooooooh YES, the sweet sweet taste of victory, Its not showing a charge yet but it now comes on boots to the Menu screen stays on, goes into standbye at request and comes out of standbye with a touch of the on button.
    I think I'll let it to charge all weekend while I go chase the sweets at the Oxnard Strawberry Festival, If all goes as I think I will give a first hand senario on what worked to get my Battery back up and my Blackberry back running.
    See Ya Monday
    05-16-14 05:31 PM
    Try this... this is how I revived my other PlayBook...

(1) Let your PlayBook charge for more than 24hours.

(2) Open your BlackBerry Link and connect your PlayBook to your PC.

(3) Press the power button and volume up together. Hold them until your PlayBook's red light appear.

(4) Once there is power in your PlayBook and beginning to power on, the BlackBerry Link will eventually detect it.

(5) The BlackBerry Link will ask you if you want to install the latest OS. Just follow the instructions.

I did this technique twice in different PlayBooks. It may work to you...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 10:36 PM
    I tried this process. I definitely get different results than when I try the "stack charging". Stack charging hasn't worked at all for me yet.

However, once I connect the PlayBook to my PC and it registers in BlackBerry Link, BlackBerry Link tells me that it cannot connect with the device and it gives me the option to "Reconnect" or "Reload". Reloading apparently resets the device to factory settings. Since I do not have anything on the device that I really need, I select "Reload'. Once I click on "Reload", BlackBerry Link tells me that it is starting to update software and it has a progress bar underneath. While this screen is up, the PlayBook LED is solid green. It eventually will error out though (presumably because the PlayBook cannot hold a charge long enough for the device to update).

Once it errored out, I tried plugging it back in to charge (using the rapid charger) and the same red-light/orange-yellow-light pattern continues.

Any ideas?
    09-10-14 08:25 AM
    One, I would use BB Desktop manager, as it was for the 2.xx.xxx OS. BB Link is for 10.xxx.xxxx OS
    Praybook is 2.1.xxxxx
    Also, when stack charging, I used a power strip to "unplug and plug in" the charger, just flip the switch on/off, saves wear/tear on port.
    09-11-14 03:38 PM
    This is for BranchDavidianStyle:

Couldn't have explained it better myself. I have the exact same issue. I have been stack charging for weeks with no success. Have you made any progress with your PlayBook?
    11-10-14 09:52 PM
    I have tried all the solutions,stack charging my playbook..

After several cycles of stack charging.. Red led glows once, followed by empty battery icon with a bolt sign, the icon stays there for 5 to 10 seconds which is followed by a single green/yellow led glow which goes out abruptly and then nothing happens for 40 to 50 seconds.
    Then playbook tries to boot up and abruptly shuts down in middle of boot process.

I have tried stack charging for hours stopping just before playbook boots but never did i get past the above mentioned cycle

Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Did finally make it work? I have the same problem. Thanks for your help.
    06-06-15 11:32 PM
    Can you confirm that you are using an official BlackBerry PlayBook charger?
    06-07-15 05:53 PM
    Watching

Z30 10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 11:01 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD