Forgive my ignorance; I've never bought an ebook before - I have a huge collection of epubs a friend 'gifted' me.

But I joined up with Kobo and bought an ebook from them...no problem, it downloaded straightaway to my PB.

But what are the limitations of this? Can I download the Kobo app for my iPod, and will the book be there also?

Or would I have to pay again?

Sorry for my newbiness.
    01-03-12 12:04 PM
    Forgive my ignorance; I've never bought an ebook before - I have a huge collection of epubs a friend 'gifted' me.

But I joined up with Kobo and bought an ebook from them...no problem, it downloaded straightaway to my PB.

But what are the limitations of this? Can I download the Kobo app for my iPod, and will the book be there also?

Or would I have to pay again?

Sorry for my newbiness.
    Yes you can, there's an app for that, as well as for your iPhone, your Blackberry phone, your laptop, your home PC, etc.

Once you buy a book, or get a free book from Kobo, any other devices you have that have the Kobo app will automatically download to that device once you sign in to your Kobo account with that device. I really, really don't understand why some here trash Kobo because it's not Kindle?

01-03-12 12:23 PM
    Thanks a lot
    01-03-12 12:25 PM
    Yes you can, there's an app for that, as well as for your iPhone, your Blackberry phone, your laptop, your home PC, etc.

Once you buy a book, or get a free book from Kobo, any other devices you have that have the Kobo app will automatically download to that device once you sign in to your Kobo account with that device. I really, really don't understand why some here trash Kobo because it's not Kindle?

I never understood that either... I like Kobo a lot.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-03-12 02:08 PM
    The issue with Kobo is that you cant sideload your own epubs. instead you have to download a separate app. and they did have a very serious problem a few weeks ago and their customer support was non responsive.
    01-03-12 02:15 PM
    wms is right about the epub stuff not being accessible on kobo. I wish they would open it up too.

Regarding the service issue kobo had a few weeks ago, it was only for a few days, and it has been up and running fine since then. All these new devices and online services are prone to teething problems. I assume they've fixed whatever was wrong and that is the best kind of customer service. Providing customers with feel-good responses like "we're working on it" would have been nice but if they have to prioritize staff time, I'd say by fixing in less than a week, at least they got it fixed. Plenty of other e-problems have taken that long or longer to fix (apple antenna-gate, apple iphone-tracking, rim bis outage, etc.)
    Hgouck likes this.
    01-03-12 02:33 PM
    Afew weeks ago, in case some missed it, was Christmas, and I can only imagine the number of devices that were bought and received as gifts, and all of them getting on line and signing up for Kobo, which has an app for virtually all OS'.
    01-03-12 02:37 PM
    The issue with Kobo is that you cant sideload your own epubs. instead you have to download a separate app. and they did have a very serious problem a few weeks ago and their customer support was non responsive.
    this.

Also had other issues with the Kobo PB app. Couldnt purchase from the app. When I did purchase, it only let me download a sample of the full book, even though I purchased the whole thing. I got to tier 2 tech support before they offered me a refund as it just wasnt going to work.
    01-03-12 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD