hi, i just got my playbook yesterday and so far i really like the os and look forward to when rim ports this to blackberry phones. that being i have a couple of questions on how it works.

1. when typing, how do i fix or enable auto correct? It underlines the word in red when i mistype it, but there is no way to correct it other than going back and using backspace. on my torch i can tap the word and it gives me a list of words it thinks i was trying to type and i can select one of those. also on my torch it corrects the words as i type, my playbook isnt doing this, how do i enable it?

2. when i have my bridge setup, i would like to download some images from my torch to my playbook so i can use them as my wallpaper, however it seems like can only view them. anyway to do this without having to hook up to my laptop?

3. i went ahead and entered in my bookmarks in the browser app, however i would like to reorder them, but it doesnt let me, it only gives me the option to delete. anyway to reorder them without deleting and reentering them?

4. looking for a couple of apps that i need. i have them on my ipad and wondering if anyone knows of any playbook alternatives. they are:

pdf expert. it allows to me to fill out and sign pdf forms. it also links up to dropbox
    PDF Expert - Fill forms, annotate PDFs for iPad on the iTunes App Store

payware. it allos me to charge credit cards on my ipad
    App Store - PAYware Mobile

fax, print, share. it allows me to send faxes from my ipad.
    Fax Print & Share for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

turboscan. it uses the camera sort of like a scanner and makes pdf documents.
    App Store - TurboScan: quickly scan multipage documents into high-quality PDFs

thanks, any help will be appriciated.
    Last edited by fernandez21; 01-31-12 at 08:34 PM.
    01-31-12 08:30 PM
    I don't know the answer to all your questions as I just got my Playbook recently as well, but as far as auto-correct goes, you will either have to download the beta OS 2 or wait for the official version. The current version does not support auto correct.

And for the bookmarks, the answer is the same. You can rearrange them on OS 2 (or if you have the beta) but you cannot do so as it is right now.
    fernandez21 likes this.
    01-31-12 09:23 PM
    Hi and welcome. Curious, did you do any research before your purchase? Have you searched the forums or Newbie Tips and Tricks? Also there is a great PB forum dealing with apps only. Have you checked App World yet for the apps you want? That's what most people do when searching for an app for a need. Don't get me wrong, there will be many here able and qualified to help you, but a little research might save a lot of time and answer all of your questions. But in the event you have no luck, ask away

Good luck!
    jafobabe and fernandez21 like this.
    01-31-12 09:42 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Currently, OS1 does not support autocorrect, but OS2, which will be released in about 2-3 weeks, will support it. Same for re-ordering your bookmarks. As far as the apps mentioned, I'm not familiar with any of them, but we expect to see a large influx of apps right after OS2 is released. Be patient, enjoy learning about the Playbook as it is, and get ready for an awesome experience with the new OS2 in a couple of weeks!
    cdelcampo216 and fernandez21 like this.
    01-31-12 09:53 PM
    I don't know the answer to all your questions as I just got my Playbook recently as well, but as far as auto-correct goes, you will either have to download the beta OS 2 or wait for the official version. The current version does not support auto correct.

And for the bookmarks, the answer is the same. You can rearrange them on OS 2 (or if you have the beta) but you cannot do so as it is right now.
    thanks, i guess i will have to wait for the update. its going to be a long two-3 weeks.

Hi and welcome. Curious, did you do any research before your purchase? Have you searched the forums or Newbie Tips and Tricks? Also there is a great PB forum dealing with apps only. Have you checked App World yet for the apps you want? That's what most people do when searching for an app for a need. Don't get me wrong, there will be many here able and qualified to help you, but a little research might save a lot of time and answer all of your questions. But in the event you have no luck, ask away

Good luck!
    actually, i didnt really do much research prior to buying. it was more of an impulse since i wanted to check out the playbook after having my torch for a couple of weeks and really liking it. when i asked to check out the playbook (the demo had no battery) the person in front of me was telling the best buy rep. about the $199 price (it was $499). after a little a bit the rep spoke to his manager about it and they agreed to price match for him, but the manager said no more since it was an online only deal and they would only match this one time. since i was there and heard the whole conversation they also offered me the deal, so i jumped on it, kinda spur of the moment kinda thing. so far really like the overall concept if the os, it still needs some refinements and features, but the base seems very strong.

as for the apps, i tried searching app world and havent found any apps that can do what those apps mentioned do. hoping someone knows of some apps that will work for me.

and thanks, i really like the direction rim is going with these devices, it has me perplexed why they get such a bad rep. and even more perplexing is the andriod love, ive used 3 different android devices in the past year (moto atrix, htc inspire, and samsung nexus s) and i would much rather use my torch over any of those devices.
    01-31-12 10:04 PM
    Well if you couldn't find it in App World, then you're out of luck for now. New ones keep showing up, plus there's always the option of side loading an android app if you're in that bad a need right now. We'll see what 2.0 brings.
    01-31-12 10:20 PM
    Actually, autocorrect/autotext/spellcheck/spellcorrection varies from app to app.

The most complete is Word-to-go. It will show alternate words for the underlined misspelled word and fix "cant" to "can't. Email will underline but not fix but will do the PERIOD after SPACE SPACE and will also change "cant"

Text boxes like this one in Crackberry - no help other than the underline!

You can use 3rd party FileManager apps to move file to/from bbphone to pb and back. Files&Folders and FileBrowser (and someone just mentioned Stuff in another thread but I don't know that one)
    02-01-12 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD