Seems my friend goole cant find my answer or i a just to lazy to look deeper,

anyway here are my questions about the playbook
    -is it possible to send files via bluetooth with other non-bb phones? (Bluetooth file transfer, i heard that it will work with BB phone)
    -System wide file manager? is this going to be an ipad that dont have a file manager or it will be open just like a PC?
    -How about USB OTG?
    -Is this thing has an appstore/market just like the ipad or the android tablets?

i will choose this thing over ipad because of its UI and multitasking capabilities.. and i hope it is not like an ipad that will only tell you what to do..

sorry for my english, english is not my native language.
    12-22-10 04:10 AM
    Seems my friend goole cant find my answer or i a just to lazy to look deeper,

anyway here are my questions about the playbook
    -is it possible to send files via bluetooth with other non-bb phones?
    (Bluetooth file transfer, i heard that it will work with BB phone)
    should be able to
    -System wide file manager? is this going to be an ipad that dont have a file manager or it will be open just like a PC?
    unknown
    -How about USB OTG?
    doubtful
    -Is this thing has an appstore/market just like the ipad or the android tablets?
    it will be whatever appworld has in it. Not even close to the size of apple or android app store

i will choose this thing over ipad because of its UI and multitasking capabilities.. and i hope it is not like an ipad that will only tell you what to do..

sorry for my english, english is not my native language.
    there are many things unknown about the playbook so its hard to give certain answers for things. you, like the rest of us want more details
    12-22-10 10:05 AM
    It is misleading, you have to admit. The playbook is listed in the device forums here on CB. In the past, at least since ive been a member, devices didn't get moved here until they were released on a carrier. Who knows when this thing will be available for anybody besides Mike L. to get their there hands on. I guess since this is all RIM has in the pipe for the fore see able future, they had to have something to build a buzz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 10:50 AM
    It was moved because it is an official device with an estimated release date Hooty.
    When places like bbleaks and such have leaked devices and photos they are rumored devices.

But once RIM officially starts making it public it gets moved to the device section.

12-22-10 10:58 AM
    -is it possible to send files via bluetooth with other non-bb phones? (Bluetooth file transfer, i heard that it will work with BB phone)
    it has bluetooth built in, so id imagine thats possible, however it isnt confirmed

no news on this either but as BB have always had this function id hope it would be there

-How about USB OTG?
    sadly no, it was stated in an interview that its a `USB Slave` so other devices cant (at least currently) be connected in that fashion

yes, totally. it will have BlackBerry Appworld. plus any other 3rd party stores that choose to support it. i know the crackberry appstore (part of mobihand) will support it too.
    12-22-10 10:59 AM
    thanks for the reply, if it has no bluetooth file trasfer, file manager and USB otg, i might got for ipad 2.. at least they have better apps.... plus i think it will be cheaper since the CO-CEO said that Playbook will be pricier than ipad.. where ipad will have the same price with ipad 2.. i think.

and as far as i know, it is possible to put usb devices on ipad using the camera connection kit.

i really hope that BB will do something about it, i love the OS(multitasking and UI) and design of the Playbook.
    Last edited by irispen; 12-22-10 at 09:48 PM.
    12-22-10 09:45 PM
    the CO-CEO said that Playbook will be pricier than ipad
    He never said that. He said it would be competitive and that the PlayBook is more capable than the iPad.
    12-23-10 12:37 AM
    He never said that. He said it would be competitive and that the PlayBook is more capable than the iPad.

at the last part, i think it is clear that it will be pricier.
    12-23-10 01:21 AM
    Only when it is closer to release will we really know the price of the Playbook. These talks with the co-ceo's are horrible they just beat around the bush and never tell the actually details especially the price. Here it hints at pricier but as well analysts and earlier interviews with Jim Balsillie hinted it at being under $500. So really a broad range of numbers right now thats all there is
    12-23-10 01:27 AM
    It's been stated by RIM that the PlayBook will be under $500 (presumably for the base model). Considering the iPad starts at $499 there's no way the PlayBook could be more expensive.

As for OTG, a RIM employee mentioned host mode in passing, that's why I reported it here. When I asked about it specifically someone more senior said "not initially". I asked if it would be at some point, and they said they couldn't talk about that. I wouldn't count on it but it's certainly possible.

Expect singnificantly better app support on the PlayBook. The free PlayBook offer is doing wonders. I'm working on an app, and so are almost all my friends that are developers.

12-23-10 03:09 AM
    nice to hear that..

i really hope there is an usb otg.
    Last edited by irispen; 12-23-10 at 06:00 AM.
    12-23-10 05:55 AM

at the last part, i think it is clear that it will be pricier.
    That is exactly what I was referring to. Like I said, he never said it would be more expensive. It was simply implied that it could be.
    12-23-10 10:18 AM
    I still cant find the answer on some of my questions here.. anybody?
    01-07-11 10:01 PM
    dont think we really know yet. Kevin and the others that have got to use it would be the only ones. you can start looking at the reviews that are listed in the review threads, they might have some answers too
    01-07-11 10:12 PM
    Some of my questions are just answered by google.

1. Bluetooth File transfer
    -YES, according to many sites..

2. File Manager
    -According to other sites yes, or maybe a 3rd party apps

3. USB OTG.
    -No at launch. In the Future? Cant answer

=)

FAQS at this site:
    BlackBerry PlayBook Webcast 5 of 5

others:
    BlackBerry Playbook, The 4G Tablet With Dual-Core Processor
    01-11-11 09:57 PM
    3. USB OTG.
    Actually, It's all but official. The pictures show a port that looks more like a USB OTG port, and RIM has confirmed that it will plug into things over USB,, such as ethernet adaptors and USB drives.
    01-11-11 10:07 PM
    3. USB OTG.
    The PlayBooks at CES had Micro USB AB ports on them, indicating OTG support. Doesn't mean the software will be there right away, but there's no reason to put the port on if you don't intend to support it.
    01-11-11 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD