Hello,

I was in Berlin for a week and I had HUGE problems using the WiFi at my hotel...
    So I have 2 questions:

1) The PB would find the SSID, it would get approved, but then wouldn't get any IP address. The error would be: check the password. This one was correct. I tried it with my BB 9790 and my Kindle, no problem at all. But impossible with my PB, OS 2.X
    I went to a museum and had no problem at all connecting to the free wifi.
    I would think there was a problem with the router of the hotel but how come I didn't have any problem with my 9790 and my Kindle? The other guests were all surfing with speed and all, I was stuck watching pictures and videos

2) I deleted many times the approved networks there was on the PB, but they kept on reappearing everytime I restarted the PB. I mean, what the hell?? There is this option, Delete the networks, but it doesn't work?? I turned the PB off, I restarted it, seemed the networks were deleted but when I checked again some time later, they would be back...

3) is there a software <chuckles> for the PB to check the WiFi networks available and infos about them? Channels, strength, and so on?

I really was counting on my PB to stay connected, check my emails, check my flight back home. Pissed me off to find out it was useless to me, made me mad to see the others with their laptops surfing without any problem...

Thank you for your replies/insights
    10-24-14 06:09 AM
    Hi. It's just the way the pb was and is. Some worked fine and some not. I had the same issue when I still used my pb. Have never had an issue with my win tab.
    10-24-14 06:43 AM
    Last summer while traveling in several countries in Europe, I had problem with connection in some hotels but when I left a certain hotel or country, it worked fine. I believe the connection is with the hotel and they were unable to connect me to their system. If the connection is showing "Swiss" you will have issue at certain hotel but not others. Welcome to Europe where some hotels are so far back technology

Posted via CB30
    10-25-14 06:24 AM
    same problem with all new BlackBerry devices (my pb q10 z10 and pp). I narrowed it down to a wpa2 problem. some work some don't; but it's most likely wpa2 related.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 06:29 AM
    I find that playbooks have issues with wireless n connections. I always pack a wireless g router when I travel
    10-27-14 01:25 AM
    Did you try to enable " allow inter access point handover" in your wifi config. I have travelled extensively in Canada US and Europe. This solves the issue for me every time. I think that once i have failed to connect to a public wifi when i needed to.
    10-27-14 03:37 PM
    Did you try to enable " allow inter access point handover" in your wifi config. I have travelled extensively in Canada US and Europe. This solves the issue for me every time. I think that once i have failed to connect to a public wifi when i needed to.
    Hello
    If you mean a change on the router side, couldn't access it of course, and also didn't ask to change anything. All the customers were happy with it, all were surfing with speed. Only I wasn't able to use it. It would log on, sometimes, and then drop the connection.
    I really don't understand also why the deleted configurations come back after a reboot or a bit later. If I delete something, it's to get rid of it. Don't want it to mess up something that's already not working. Don't know if that was the case or not, but still...
    10-29-14 04:33 AM
    If you mean a change on the router side, couldn't access it of course, and also didn't ask to change anything.
    The setting he was talking about is on the Playbook side, not the routers. Settings/wifi/(network)/advanced.
    10-29-14 10:45 AM
    in berlin is no problem with any open ap,
    10-29-14 03:05 PM
    The setting he was talking about is on the Playbook side, not the routers. Settings/wifi/(network)/advanced.
    Hello,
    I tried that, eventhough I don't understand why a simple PB-->Router has to do with an access point handover.
    Didn't work anyway.
    10-30-14 07:09 AM