Maybe a dumb question, but how do you get the Playbook out after you've put it in? I'd like to be able to take it out if I'm lying in bed or something. Is there any way? It's like in a vicegrip. I think I almost ripped my fingernail off trying to get it out of there. Anyone have any tricks?
    01-13-13 09:03 AM
    Bend down the two bottom corners, then run your finger along the gap from left to right (or right to left) treating the top edge like a hinge to twist it up and out.

Don't start from the top corners as sliding the top edge past the plastic of the case could damage the power and volume buttons.

To put it back in, use reverse technique, hold at 45 degrees and place top edge into the case, then push bottom edge down until it's in the case. This again avoids pressure on the buttons.
    Spencerdl and Vorkosigan like this.
    01-13-13 09:17 AM
    On one short side, I use my thumb to push the black plastic part of the case back and the run it up to the corner and carefully pry the Playbook out.
    Crowezine likes this.
    01-13-13 09:19 AM
    Oh, to bend down bottom corner, index finger in middle of back of the playbook and press down on corner of case with ball of thumb, not fingernail.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-13-13 09:19 AM
    Thanks guys! I got it. I've actually made a few attempts before and had almost given up.
    01-13-13 09:22 AM
    Love this thread! It is amazing how some things are designed to defy human objectives. Yesterday, I decided to remove my pb from its Otterbox Fort-Knox VAULT. It had been a while but dust had migrated inside and it was time to clean the screen. Took a bit to remember which way the tabs unlocked and then trying to pry the case open required a small tool to leverage it. I actually have the Otterbox video on my pb to help with remembering the process!

Now why Rim could not have used a similar scheme to hold the keyboard in that case rather then those flimsy elastic bands.....
    01-13-13 11:18 AM
    I love the keyboard and the case looks great. Because it is hard to get the PB out I use them out of the case part of the time. The PB in a charging dock and keyboard on my desk. I got the keyboard for Christmas and need to spend more time with it so I can pick up my speed. It sure is quality and the touchpad is excellent. I lucked out and got it on sale for $37 after some terrific CrackBerrian posted it.
    01-13-13 11:35 AM
    I just flip it upside down... stand it on my desk like a "V", use the keyboard at the back making its own stand.

This gives you access to the USB port for charging on top, and it stands by itself, and no need to remove from case.

What do you think?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    01-13-13 12:16 PM
    I sure a child would be able to get it out!!!!! Kids have a knack of undoing, opening things they shouldnt
    01-13-13 12:38 PM
    I Figured out the method of removal from having the OEM Leather Journal Case (same concept). Bending from top corners is the best way. I've been using the OEM Rapid TRAVEL Charger. The magnetic connection fits perfect in the fold between the PlayBook and keyboard
    01-13-13 12:48 PM
    I use the - push against the back and pop out the bottom corners method. LOL. I was thankful that I had read previously on crackberry not to pop it out the top due to the risk of damage to the power and volume buttons.
    01-13-13 06:30 PM
    It gets softer with time and come out more easily...
    01-13-13 08:10 PM
    It gets softer with time and come out more easily...
    Isn't that the truth!
    01-13-13 09:27 PM
    I like the idea of a snugg fit vs a loose fit .....anyday
    01-13-13 10:03 PM