Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have a chance to get a sweet corporate plan through work for a Telus Bold 9900 but it says that tethering is not included. I know that using a bridge to PB is not "officially" tethering but I wanted to confirm that I will still be able to bridge with Telus with tethering disabled.

Can anyone confirm that this will work. I would like to hear from any Telus customer who bridges to PB and has tethering disabled if you are out there.

Thanks.
    11-04-11 04:17 PM
    I bridge it everyday... never tethered it once. Owned since April here in Edmonton and have bridged through my Torch 9800 and my 9810. Works great, and as I review the phone bills for our company, I know I don't have any tethering charges added to my BB plan.
    05Mustang likes this.
    11-04-11 04:23 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!!!!

Exactly the info I was looking for. Cheers
    11-04-11 04:27 PM
    Have the 9900 and the PB... never tethered, always bridged, no charges for tethering happening over here.
    11-04-11 04:29 PM
    Good question....I get this all the time at work!

Using the BlackBerry Bridge to your sweet sweet 9900 and is not considered "Tethering" by your carrier. Your 100% good to go.

But...if you use Internet Tethering on your PB connected to your sweet sweet 9900, then that IS considered Tethering my TELUS.

hope that helps!

@MartinJDub
    BB9900
    PlayBook 32
    11-04-11 04:32 PM
    ^ Whether you are tethered or bridged, there is no way the service provider can distinguish the difference.
    At the end of the day, the PB is accessing the internet via the BB's connection!
    11-04-11 04:55 PM
    I think it actually can....
    but i had a data plan where theether was not included and never got charged.
    MPG Vancouver likes this.
    11-04-11 04:57 PM
    somethings seem not to work on bridge but do while tethered like live video streaming. ie: hnic
    11-04-11 05:09 PM
    ^ Please elaborate on how they can?
    The point I made, is that the PB is accessing the internet using the BB's connection when bridged and tethered! Tethered and bridged are just "play on words" with the latter allowing PIM functions for email, BBM etc...
    11-04-11 05:11 PM
    iam with telus with a corporate plan ... iam goin through 15 gb a month via bridge ... nvr got charged for any data use....
    11-04-11 06:13 PM
    BB 9700 and PB bridged on telus and never gotten any extra charges for bridge use..
    11-04-11 06:21 PM
    I have a Torch 9800 and tether and bridge my playbook with no extra charges through Telus in BC. So convenient! I just love it
    11-04-11 07:37 PM
    ^ Please elaborate on how they can?
    The point I made, is that the PB is accessing the internet using the BB's connection when bridged and tethered! Tethered and bridged are just "play on words" with the latter allowing PIM functions for email, BBM etc...
    Tethering and bridging are two two different things. When you tether, your bb will use a different apn say sp.telus.com instead of blackberry.net.

Your provider: telus, rogers, bell or wind will be able to tell if you are tethering by the apn used. The only exception is when you use "tethering" apps like "tetherberry" that will cause the blackberry to use the regular blackberry.net apn.
    Last edited by Daktar; 11-04-11 at 09:50 PM.
    11-04-11 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD