hey guys .. i love seeing all you blackberry lovers, just like me (Bold 9900 - love it), on this site.

I just have a quick question regarding PB.

I have put off buying the Playbook until now but I feel like this Christmas I will see a deal for it that I will love. My concern is that when they do update the PB OS 2.0 will they be releasing a whole new device or just a software update for the current PB Device. Is it advisable for me to buy a PB at the moment or wait just a little longer for maybe an improved version of the current device (or a slightly bigger version) till maybe Feb 2012.

Thanks ...
    11-19-11 12:01 AM
    nobody knows when and if RIM will release os 2.0 for sure. not to mention playbook 2. it's all speculation and EXPECTATIONS.

i would say, buy the playbook, as it will serve you well since you have the bold.

i don't think the price should be an important factor in the timing of your purchase though. it is very unlikely that the price of the playbook will rebound to the msrp. it will probably stay within $250-$300 even after the holidays with occasional promos that could make the price even lower than those you'll find during black friday.
    paul.preetam likes this.
    11-19-11 12:21 AM
    At this point, any discussion of a NEW model would be pure speculation. There are enough roadblocks to selling this one without introducing a newer model.

The talk is that the current pb will support the new OS that is potentially going to be released in Feb.
    paul.preetam likes this.
    11-19-11 12:28 AM
    RIM has confirmed that OS 2.0 will be released in February (delays always possible) and that current PlayBooks will be upgradeable.

Newer hardware is more difficult to say. The only thing announced is the LTE PlayBook, but it's been a while since we heard anything. I'm not expecting that it will be significantly different in hardware from the current model, just a cell network enabled version.
    11-19-11 01:23 AM
    RIM has confirmed that OS 2.0 will be released in February
    just a clarification - RIM has confirmed that OS 2.0 is EXPECTED in February. they have missed the expected date at least twice now.
    paul.preetam likes this.
    11-19-11 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD