Hey all,

I was wondering i know I can plus my PB from Micro HDMI to HDMI to my TV. But I was wondering is there a way to mirror the playbook to a tv without having a cable?

Thanks.
    11-09-11 06:12 PM
    dude .... thats a steep one man, even high end comps cant do that yet... first lets get the long awaited native emails, spell check, videochat/skype... and then maybe
    11-09-11 06:44 PM
    DLNA is coming to PlayBook eventually. just make sure you have a DLNA-capable TV or a DLNA box.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-09-11 07:52 PM
    Hey all,

I was wondering i know I can plus my PB from Micro HDMI to HDMI to my TV. But I was wondering is there a way to mirror the playbook to a tv without having a cable?

Thanks.
    A reasonable question, another function where the PB is lacking. Who wants to connect their tablet to their TV via cable anyway? Poor RIM!
    11-09-11 07:55 PM
    Thanks all.

Appreciate all your answers. I was thinking about DLNA also, but I think it hasnt come to the PB just yet.
    11-09-11 07:59 PM
    Also... Intel WiDi is basically wireless HDMI. Someday it'll be built into both PCs/gadgets and TVs.
    11-09-11 08:11 PM
    There most certainly are wireless HDMI transmitters/receivers.
    Maybe not cheap but they exist. I've seen them at trade shows for medical video in operating rooms.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-09-11 at 09:38 PM.
    11-09-11 09:31 PM
    FWIW, the iPad 2 can mirror to a TV/Projector via Apple TV over a WiFi network. The Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) creates its own network with hardware built into a WiDi PC and a receiver box connected to the TV.
    11-09-11 11:10 PM
    11-09-11 11:51 PM
    the rocketfish device is far from 'not perfect' it works thats about it lol, ive used it (i work at BB) but as ajstan99 mentioned, the ipad 2 can mirror wirelessly via apple TV, the playbooks got some serious catching up to do in terms of features people want, and thats what makes apple so successful.

Also... Intel WiDi is basically wireless HDMI. Someday it'll be built into both PCs/gadgets and TVs.
    well its built into PC's already, most anyway, then all that is needed is a WiDi adapter from DLink or Netgear and away you go.
    11-10-11 01:04 AM
    Alright guys. I was wondering if it was possible without any other things.
    11-11-11 07:36 AM
    As stated, we all hope that DLNA will come ... but there's still an unknown status device a la apple called Cyclone that may also enter the dance soon ...
    11-11-11 08:13 AM
    If only they could release cyclone lol.
    11-11-11 03:21 PM
    I can play pictures, video and music wirelessly on my TV via WDTV media player. Just turn on wi-fi sharing and make sure both devices are connected to your home workgroup.
    11-11-11 04:57 PM
    Alright guys. I was wondering if it was possible without any other things.
    I'm starting to wonder if this could be done via wifi to a set top box of some kind....
    probably technically possible just don't know if the hardware exists...anyone? Would require compression of course like H.264, so not likely. Interesting to think about though.
    11-11-11 09:46 PM
    the set top box would have to support it.
    11-12-11 12:17 AM
    A reasonable question, another function where the PB is lacking. Who wants to connect their tablet to their TV via cable anyway? Poor RIM!
    Serious or sarcasm....cause I can't tell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 03:51 AM
    Spinal pls post a link to this device lemme see it i wanna buy!!!!!
    10-22-17 12:33 PM
    Spinal pls post a link to this device lemme see it i wanna buy!!!!!
    Just so you know, this is a 6 year old thread last commented Dec 2011----Spinal has probably been tapped out years ago!
    10-22-17 12:38 PM
    Just so you know, this is a 6 year old thread last commented Dec 2011----Spinal has probably been tapped out years ago!
    Haha!
    10-22-17 12:39 PM
    !?!
    10-22-17 01:14 PM
    Great! so it must be even cheaper by now ---- so why doesnt somebody be helpful and tell me where it is?
    10-22-17 01:16 PM
    Great! so it must be even cheaper by now ---- so why doesnt somebody be helpful and tell me where it is?
    10-22-17 01:16 PM
    Maybe try here: https://www.rocketfishproducts.com/ . I see that Spinal said he works for BB. I doubt that is the case now since BB has laid off thousands of employees in the last 3 years or so.
    10-22-17 01:43 PM
    I'm still here, got promoted @ BB as well lol, being in Canada our layoffs weren't as bad as in the US, fortunately for me I was in a good position.

I replied to BN11NC's pm he sent me but incase anyone sees this thread in the future, the rocketfish device is no longer carried at BB due to lack of popularity. I totally forgot about it these past several years as well, but a quick google search shows newegg carries similar devices.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-kAC6a7j

Still expensive too at almost $300 - you'd think prices would have come down. I've used my playbook a few times actually in the past couple months when I wanted a bigger screen than my PRIV but its just so slow in comparison, even loading websites.
    11-14-17 12:17 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD