Hello,
    I'm going on a cruise soon, and not sure if the TV's there are going to be HD or not. (Not that I will be watching it all day, just at night time to watch movies, and no - not adult movies!) So, I bought a micro-HDMI cable, however if the TV's or older, it won't work well.
    I heard of converters, however, do they work?
    Have any of you bought a converter, and it worked?
    Thanks.
    06-26-12 06:52 AM
    Hello,
    I'm going on a cruise soon, and not sure if the TV's there are going to be HD or not. (Not that I will be watching it all day, just at night time to watch movies, and no - not adult movies!) So, I bought a micro-HDMI cable, however if the TV's or older, it won't work well.
    I heard of converters, however, do they work?
    Have any of you bought a converter, and it worked?
    Thanks.
    My guess is that they will most definitely have HDTVs on a cruise. :P However, if you get a converter it would most likely display in such a way that the PB OS displays blurry, because the TV is not high res enough, however once you start a movie it should look more or less fine. If you have a computer/Standard Definition TV, which you can connect with an s video chord (actually anything, it doesnt matter, so long as it's a standard definition tv), you would get a good idea of how movies on the PB will look when connected to an SDTV, if you play a movie on your PC connected to an SDTV.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-26-12 06:57 AM
    Send a message to your cruise line operator or your travel agent. I'm sure they can tell you if your cabin onboard will have an hdmi input on the tv in your cabin.
    Chaddface likes this.
    06-26-12 08:39 AM
    If you DO have an HDTV, I hope you can change the input! I had my PB all hooked up in a hotel room recently, grabbed the TV remote but could NOT get it to switch from the tuner to the aux HDMI input.
    06-26-12 01:21 PM
    I've stayed in a lot of hotels and found that most of the time, you can switch the inputs. On the remote, look for a button marked "input", "source", "TV/Video", or something similar. If not, there is usually a button on the side, back or bottom edge. If there is one marked "input", that's it - just tap thru the options till you get the hdmi input for your PB. If no input button, there might be a menu button.
    06-26-12 02:22 PM
    If you DO have an HDTV, I hope you can change the input! I had my PB all hooked up in a hotel room recently, grabbed the TV remote but could NOT get it to switch from the tuner to the aux HDMI input.
    Yep - I have come across a number of hotels with locked down HDMI ports (either physically locked up and/or the menu locked)

The hotels lock down the HDMI ports to support their revenue from Pay-TV/Movies

Manage your expectations that the cruise liner may have done the same....

However, depending on your cruise liner package, you may very likely get free movies in your cabin (with an enormous digital library to choose from) as well as free cinema

Have a happy holiday!
    06-26-12 02:34 PM
    Such was my case, the menu was locked. (you could bring it up on screen but could not change anything) I hadn't thought that they did this to try to force you to watch their movies. Like a hotel would have anything I wanted to watch. Oh, well.
    06-26-12 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD