Hi
    Just got my Playbook and already have a question: I've plugged in the tablet, turned it on and it's looking for a WiFi connection --- which I don't have yet (I'll get updates tomorrow at the office) . In the meantime, I'd like to know if it's charging properly. Can I get to the main screen or settings?

Jay in Toronto
    01-02-12 06:35 PM
    Welcome!
    Best to let it charge powered off for at least 3-4 hrs. Then you have to go step by step to set it up, and one of the first things is the wifi.
    So you will have to wait till tomorrow at work, or go down to a StarBucks for free wifi tonight.

Click on the link below for excellent tips and tricks for the playbook, compiled by the knowledgeable posters here on the forum.

Enjoy!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-02-12 06:43 PM
    Yep, you won't have access to anything until you're hooked up to wi-fi; until then, just let her charge with the PB off overnight. Congrats on joining the "pro grade" fraternity, second only to Skull & Bones in its exclusivity and reserved only for those in the real know.
    hpjrt and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    01-02-12 06:46 PM
    Hi
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. While I had it plugged in, the tablet was on and the charger was quite warm. AFter a few hours it was cool. Hmmmm. Just turned it off and will leave it plugged in overnight.

Jay
    01-02-12 09:22 PM
    Interesting. Plugged in, but turned off, there's a green light. That means it's charging, I guess.

Jay
    01-02-12 10:04 PM
    Read about green lights here: Its a good thing

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    01-02-12 10:10 PM
    leave it in the box and wait till you get to work and have the wifi... 25 percent bat is enough to load the os.

take this time and think of what your going to do with the playbook when you register.

congratulations on your new "toy"
    01-02-12 10:16 PM
    Hi
    Charged well and updated this morning without a hitch. Did a little online browsing, then had to get back to work. Next: install Wi-Fi router at home.
    Thanks to all who took the time to offer advice.

Jay
    01-03-12 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD