As I've mentioned before, apps that are released for the playbook but with a OS requirement of 10+ are a pain in the bum. Regardless of whether BB release a new OS or not (and I'm *not* going into that here!) it's no good for devs or users if there are apps that we can't buy!
    I've been continuuing my mini-campaign of emailing devs that release apps like this asap - because once they leave the 'new arrivals' tab they can get lost forever in BBWorld.
    But I aways assumed (silly I know!) that it would be a relatively simple process - but I've been asked by a dev today how to do it? And obviously, I have no idea - is there a BB dev. link or can any existing devs explain how it's done so I can pass the info on?
    06-27-13 06:51 AM
    How what is done?
    06-27-13 07:49 AM
    How what is done?
    As per the thread title - changing the OS requirement.
    apps that are released for the playbook but with a OS requirement of 10+
    06-27-13 07:57 AM
    You can't change the minimum OS version of a file bundle after it has been submitted. You can only choose a minimum OS version when adding a file bundle to a new release before approval.

Also, there's more to it than just picking a version number. The developer needs to ensure that the API's and SDK's used are compatible with OS 2.1, that the content layout adapts to the larger form factor and screen resolution, that performance is acceptable and so on.
    06-28-13 06:05 AM
    When you are converting the bar using the apk2bar command line you can add in the command

-os ??????

For example -os 10.0.9 would set minimum OS as 10.0.9
    You can definitely change a bar after you compile and sign it. You simply have to resign it and resubmit it with a variation in the version number.
    06-28-13 06:10 AM