11-25-12 06:08 PM
29 12
tools

I allow mine to go into standby by itself. When on BATTERY - My backlight timeout is 2 minutes, auto dimming is ON and Standby Timeout is 5 minutes. But I do have my light pretty low when indoors. If you look at the slider, mine is pretty much centered under the "P" in "Plugged In" (in the line above). But lighting is very personal and really depends on ambient lighting.

But kind of switching around - that's why folks like dedicated e-readers, particularly Kindles. They last forever (days and weeks) on a full charge, even my new Kindle Paperwhite lasts a long time with its internal light and it is much easier to use outside on a sunny day.
    Well, the battery is now at 100%, so I will start my countdown from now. One thing I wasn't clear about was the standby mode. The article I referred to said he pressed the battery icon and then the standby mode very frequently, but you seem to think that's not necessary. My question would be, when checking email periodically, does it make a significant difference on battery usage if you have to keep powering up, checking/reading/responding to email, then closing the email program and then pressing battery standby to power down again? Or is there no difference to the battery, so you could just let it go on standby (set at 2 minutes). Thx C
    11-25-12 12:42 PM
    I guess MY main contention is that I don't really worry about it. But then again, I'm not really using it as a reader where in some situtations, obviously, you want the battery to last a good long while.
    11-25-12 12:52 PM
    It should be getting around 10 hours at 50% brightness with wifi on. I'm guessing those getting less have some sort of software issue. For a time, my PlayBook would drain in 4-6 hours or in 2-3 days of standby, but when it's working properly, it lasts into the next day even if I'm playing games and can stay in standby for a week.
    castoridae likes this.
    11-25-12 03:19 PM
    It should be getting around 10 hours at 50% brightness with wifi on. I'm guessing those getting less have some sort of software issue. For a time, my PlayBook would drain in 4-6 hours or in 2-3 days of standby, but when it's working properly, it lasts into the next day even if I'm playing games and can stay in standby for a week.
    Thx for the info, I'm beginning to think that's what's happened to mine. It was not like this before, just over the last few weeks. Were you ever able to determine why the battery drained badly for a few weeks and then went back to acting fine?
    11-25-12 06:08 PM
29 12