I've been reading a lot here about tapping the screen to wake up the playbook. If I press the battery icon and choose standby, or just leave it alone, it goes to sleep, but I have to press the metal 'on' button to wake it up. Is this right? I thought people were waking up the playbook just by tapping the screen. Can someone pls clarify this for me? thx
    12-16-12 04:24 PM
    If the PB is in standby or the screen timed out, just swipe from top to bottom or visa versa will wake it up. You shouldn't have to be using the power button at all. I never turn my PB off, it's always in standby.

The tapping only works if used within a few seconds of the screen timing out.

Edit: Oops, forgot. As pacoman03 said, the tap also works when charging, even from standby. If you use the PB in the dock its nice to just tap and awaken it.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-16-12 at 04:44 PM.
    12-16-12 04:34 PM
    To wake-up my Playbook I swipe up from the bottom bezel.
    castoridae likes this.
    12-16-12 04:34 PM
    Tapping the screen will wake it up IF your PB is connected to a power source- if it's not so connected you need to swipe from the top bezel to the bottom bezel to wake it.
    12-16-12 04:35 PM
    Tapping the screen will wake it up IF your PB is connected to a power source- if it's not so connected you need to swipe from the top bezel to the bottom bezel to wake it.
    Tapping does work to wake the screen backlighting back up if done within a few seconds. If you are browsing, typing etc...you pause too long and the screen times out, a quick tap will wake it back up if done within around 5 seconds or so.
    12-16-12 04:53 PM
    My God! I feel so stupid when the answer is so simple thanks everyone
    12-16-12 05:08 PM
    Nonsense. Many of us were asking the same questions. I do recommend reading the Tips and Tricks sticky at the top of the PB forum page, as well as the 2.0 User Guide. A lot of cool and helpful info there
    12-16-12 05:12 PM
    You can also swipe left-right or the other way in Landscape - so basically any bezel to the opposite bezel.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-16-12 05:51 PM
    You can also swipe left-right or the other way in Landscape - so basically any bezel to the opposite bezel.
    It's actually about 3/4 the way across the screen from any bezel in any direction but whos counting.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-16-12 06:47 PM
    Just a heads up if you're using the BB mini keyboard and aren't aware of this: one tap or swipe on the trackpad of the keyboard or tapping a key will wake up the PB from standby, just as with a laptop.
    12-18-12 11:05 AM