I just got the box for the RMA from fedex cause my playbook just spontaneously stopped charging, and won't turn on now. I'm mailing from Toronto, Canada to Tennesee I guess,

so help me out here, cause I'm an *****. I've put the playbook in the box and filled out the "what's wrong with it form" inside. There's a customs form attached to box that so I'm assuming I don't touch it. Do I now just put the box inside the fedex bag and drop it off at a fedex office (I know I can call to get it picked up but dropping it off myself would be faster)? I never use Fedex so where exactly is the postage paid shipping label supposed to be? I don't see it anywhere. Is it the form attached to the bag that says " Expanded Service International Air Waybill?"

Thanks for any help.
    01-15-13 10:27 PM
    The "bag" should have the shipping info to Tennessee.
    01-15-13 10:42 PM
    Friend...take it to fed ex and get the process started. You will have your PlayBook back in less than a week
    01-16-13 12:47 AM
    Just fill out all the basic information and put them all in the Fedex bag. The courier should be able to tell you. You will get your tablet back within a week.
    01-16-13 08:54 AM
    Why are you guys saying they'll get it back in a week? There's no guarantee of that. As far as shipping, they're right, just take it to the FedEx office, they'll tell you what needs to be filled out.
    01-16-13 02:13 PM
    Because that's the experience of a few others and mine.
    01-16-13 05:13 PM
    FedEx postage is free. The documents are already pre-filled. Just keep the first Page and put the rest in the plastic pouch on the FedEx envelope. Just drop the box right in. Overnight delivery to Tennessee. I purchased my PB approx 18 months ago...had some issues with the usb connector....my unit was off warranty...send it in on January's 9th....they gave me a new unit.....free of charge which I received today January's 16th!!!! Just amazing customer service. Well done RIM......very impressive.
    01-16-13 08:38 PM
    Well I just want to say I got my playbook back and I'm very happy. I took it to the Fedex shop ont he 16th, it arrived to Tennessee on the 18th, and it shipped from them on the 22nd, and overnight shipping arrived to me today. I got the same playbook back, but they fixed the issue (playbook wouldn't charge or turn on). Really a good experience. The worst part of this was having to talk to 2 customer service guys for an hour each and telling them the exact same thing twice: "yeah, my playbook is broken" , "are you sure it's not the charger?", "YES".

Anyways, A+ service from RIM.
    Tazos likes this.
    01-23-13 03:29 PM
    Why are you guys saying they'll get it back in a week? There's no guarantee of that. As far as shipping, they're right, just take it to the FedEx office, they'll tell you what needs to be filled out.
    RIM ships overnight, so it should arrive the next day then about 2 days at the repair center and then the next day it arrives. At least this has always been my experience.
    01-23-13 04:30 PM
    Please help me, I got the box from Fedex today, I placed my playbook inside, what else do I have to do, do I have to touch any paper inside or add anything else? Do I have to print the RMA Document and sign it? Do I need to put RIM's address on top of my address on the top of the box please help me no instructions on what to do
    06-05-13 10:00 PM
    It has been so long. I think there was something about the lithium batteries that went inside. I think I added the rma info the box. Their label should have their address. I think the rma number (part of label???) will identify it as yours.

Are you in the US or Canada or? There might be customs if going across a border??

Let's see if anyone else has more recent memories. Or you can call them and get info from rim.
    06-05-13 11:25 PM
    Been a while, but I think you put the PlayBook in the foam casing inside the box and fill out that form that accompanies the box (asking what your particular issue is, when it happens, etc.) and then close it with the special tape that should have come in the box. That's all that needs to go inside, don't add any accessories (cases, add-ons) or peripheral devices (chargers) as you won't get them back. you should then affix the return label that BlackBerry should have sent with your box and that's it. You call the FedEx number on the sheet they gave you to schedule a pick up or just drop it off at your local store and that should be it. You can use your PlayBook's serial number or the RMA number on your account to track the package and status of the repair online. Good luck!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    06-06-13 12:36 AM
    There is no return label and they didn't provide any special tape what to do, I am going to just put the playbook inside and take it to Fedex office to ask them what to do maybe they know how to deal with this kind of thing because maybe they did before...
    06-06-13 11:50 PM
    By happenstance, I found the sheet that I got from Rim. Generally:

In the rma kit find:

return box AND Pre-paid waybill
    a copy of bb pb repair service and terms/conditions
    feedback form
    packaging instructions.

Print out your rma form (it should have come as an attachment to your confirmation email.

Back up your data

It should have had directions but, return ONLY the pb (nothing else)
    include a printed copy of rma
    retain a copy of the waybill number.

Rim will pay shipping if the prepaid pre-addressed waybill is used.

ship package to (you really need to check that the address is still valid).

Research in motion limited
    1621 Heil Quaker Blvd
    LaVergne, TN 37086
    USA
    Attn: Repair Center
    06-07-13 01:14 AM
    There is no return label and they didn't provide any special tape what to do, I am going to just put the playbook inside and take it to Fedex office to ask them what to do maybe they know how to deal with this kind of thing because maybe they did before...
    Definitely should have a return label with it, look under the foam to see if it's under there. If there's no tape not a huge deal, ask the clerk at FedEx to put some security tape on it (so they know if someone opened/tried to open it). But if you can't find the label I would contact BlackBerry to figure out your options. FedEx might be able to help you but I doubt it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    06-07-13 01:15 AM
    Yes, I would call Rim again. You need the label with their mailing info and it is pre-paid.
    00stryder likes this.
    06-07-13 09:00 AM