There's a lot of discussion about the playbook browser, good and/or bad. I'm confused about this.
    My browser at work & my home PC (both Explorer) shows all my drives and paths.
    I do find our browser difficult - cut & paste is almost impossible.
    What do others use their browser for and what browers are better that we can use - what can these other browsers do?
    Thx. all
    10-09-13 09:53 AM
    There's a lot of discussion about the playbook browser, good and/or bad. I'm confused about this.
    What do others use their browser for and what browers are better that we can use - what can these other browsers do?
    Thx. all
    What is a playbook?

Now that I have a Z10 I don't even bother with using the PlayBook for browsing when I'm not near a computer ... even with the larger screen the experience is terrible. The browser is slow, doesn't work with many web applications and is just an overall headache I can do without.

I have used several other browsers on the PlayBook:
    Simple
    Evolution
    Origami
    Dolphin

Have to say that while some do load quicker, they are usually missing features - so overall for me the stock browser was always the best option. Clearing the Cache and disabling Flash and Java helps speed, but reduces functionality.
    10-09-13 11:20 AM
    I like the Fast browser. You can quickly toggle off javascript and flash. It has the best ad blocking. Also, I really dig the groups of tab features that allows the bookmarking of a group of tabs. Really cool!
    10-09-13 04:59 PM
    I suspect from your question that you're talking about the PB's file browser, not its web browser. If that's the case, try Ghost Commander, which is free in app world has way more functionality than the stock file browser does.
    10-09-13 05:22 PM
    Thx. all
    Believe Windows Explorer is basically the windows file manager. The windows browser is called Internet Explorer. Don't believe they are cross connected. Are you looking for a file manager for the PB? Ghost Commander and Files and Folders are two good ones.

Cut and paste can be difficult. A long press should bring up the cut, paste, copy command line. Go to help and look at the icon on keyboard and typing. When copying an url in the browser added options are available. Using select all then copy works better for me than trying to move the selector markers.

As others have mentioned Origami, Fast Browser and Simple Browser are worth looking at. You can also get Maxthon, Dolphin and Boat mini in BB World however don't really see need for looking at these.
    10-09-13 05:39 PM
    I suspect from your question that you're talking about the PB's file browser, not its web browser. If that's the case, try Ghost Commander, which is free in app world has way more functionality than the stock file browser does.
    You are correct, as far as I'm concerned, I have never seen a better web browser.
    But the file browser sucks. I'll try Ghost Commander. Thx
    10-09-13 08:49 PM
    The PlayBook app Files and Folders is what you need.
    10-09-13 09:18 PM