I noticed that every time when I open calendar app, it spins for a while to download events and appointments. Does that mean the native calendar program doesn't have a local copy of all the calendar events and has to resync everytime when it launches?

Or I have missed a setting to keep a local copy?
    11-03-12 12:33 PM
    They're local (the app works fine without a connection). What you're seeing is probably somewhere between the app loading and making sure it's in sync.
    11-03-12 12:42 PM
    They're local (the app works fine without a connection). What you're seeing is probably somewhere between the app loading and making sure it's in sync.
    You are right. I set the PB to be in airplane mode and opened the calendar app again, it still spins for about 20 seconds but eventually all events do show up. So it's definitely local, just don't know what the app was doing when it was spinning. I do have 7 calendars configured and 4 of them are enabled.
    11-04-12 08:46 PM
    By turning accounts on and off, I finally find that it was my work calendar slowing everything down. If I disables the owa account from syncing calendar, the calendar app spins for less than 2 seconds.

Now a question for RIM is, why the calendar app can't just display the local copy of the events while syncing up with the server? That way user can start using the calendar right way instead of waiting for the syncing process to finish.
    anon(1152406) likes this.
    11-04-12 09:13 PM
    By turning accounts on and off, I finally find that it was my work calendar slowing everything down. If I disables the owa account from syncing calendar, the calendar app spins for less than 2 seconds.

Now a question for RIM is, why the calendar app can't just display the local copy of the events while syncing up with the server? That way user can start using the calendar right way instead of waiting for the syncing process to finish.
    I agree - They can still sync in the background but display the locally saved appointments. I think this is fixed on BB10, as the Dev Alpha calendar loads local first.
    aha likes this.
    11-05-12 06:48 AM