Hi all,

I'm loving my new Playbook so far (had it a week), but have an annoying issue with the native email app. I added a hotmail account using the 'hotmail account' settings page.

The problem I have is that when I open an email (from the inbox for example) in the client and press the 'trashcan' icon, the mail disappears as expected. The issue is that the email is not put in the 'trash' folder under my account and seems to have disappeared.

When I check the hotmail website, the mail has gone from the inbox and is not in the 'deleted ' folder either. It appears to have gone for good.

I searched around here and founf some issues people have had that sound similar, but not quite.

I have checked the settings on hotmail itself and the option is set to let hotmail decide what to do with the emails, not the clients. Also, From the playbook, there is no 'deleted' folder under my hotmail account? There is a 'trash' folder, but I do not have one of these folders on the hotmail website?! I tried creating a 'trash' folder on the website to see if it made any difference, and just get an error saying i cannot add a folder with that name.

I want emails that are 'trashed' on my playbook to be moved to my deleted folder.
    Anyone got any ideas on what I can try?

cheers
    tev
    03-23-12 08:49 AM
    Not sure if it's a bug but for emails you want to keep move them to a folder instead of deleting them.

Activsync, pop or imap?
    03-23-12 09:44 AM
    Not sure if it's a bug but for emails you want to keep move them to a folder instead of deleting them.

Activsync, pop or imap?
    Yeah I read that was the workaround; thanks. Bit of a pain though.
    The sync is setup using the specific 'hotmail' parameters (which I assume is IMAP based)

Why doesn't the playbook just support the 'deleted' folder from hotmail? It doesn't show up on the folder list.

Tev
    03-23-12 10:34 AM
    Playbook doesn't support server sync with any folder on the server except the inbox.

The ability to sync trash, drafts, and sent folders would be nice in a future update...
    03-23-12 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD