I can play this 3minute youtube/NFB Canada film on my playbook a d it will show on my hdtv on mirror. But if I try to tape it from the tv screen, like I would with a tv program, its just blank. This is because I can access the tv stations on the vcr, but can't figure out how to get the HDMI setting on the tv to talk to the cable/vcr setting. Is it possible, or would there be another way to do this? Thanks for any help offered.
    06-14-13 03:36 PM
    Can't be done that way. I think, if possible, you'd have to connect the pb to the vcr (what's a vcr anyway??? )

But there are other ways of capturing a youtube video.

YouTube Video Download als MP3 kostenlos und einfach | FILSH.net

as well as other sites can do it. There are even one or two pb apps that can capture.
    06-14-13 04:15 PM
    The HDMI from the playbook would need to go direct into vcr (not likey) or into another device that is then connected to the vcr input that will pass through the hdmi signal.

As noted, why would you want to do that when you can just download/save the video into a file and then email/transfer the file?
    06-14-13 04:20 PM
    Do VCR tapes or recorders still exist?
    06-14-13 04:24 PM
    There is sometimes a way of making a connection on your TV output a signal from another connection. It depends on your TV, but it may be possible to send the signal to your vcr this way?
    06-14-13 06:03 PM
    I think you need to connect it thru a Betamax. From there you can then dub it onto 8mm. Once you have it on 8mm you can then convert it to CompactVHS (VHS-C). Then drop the VHS-C into a VHS adapter and you'll be all set. It's all pretty easy once you think about it.
    06-14-13 06:17 PM
    You can record TV on your VCR because the VCR is receiving the TV signal from your cable box not from the TV.

What is your goal?
    Why do you want the video on VCR tape?

Answer these questions and I'll tell you the easiest way to do it.
    06-14-13 08:04 PM
    As ChrisMay said, some TV's can pass through video signal, but most can't. Maybe the easiest, and cheapest, way to do what you want is to transfer the video to a computer, and then use something like this Fosmon PC to TV Converter Box compatible with Windows and Mac (VGA To RCA / VGA To S-Video) - Newegg.com to then send the video signal to your VCR. I have a similar box and it works ok, but don't expect anything near high def resolution. Also, many older laptops have S-Video out ports, which could be used for the same purpose.
    06-14-13 08:13 PM
    I think you need to connect it thru a Betamax. From there you can then dub it onto 8mm. Once you have it on 8mm you can then convert it to CompactVHS (VHS-C). Then drop the VHS-C into a VHS adapter and you'll be all set. It's all pretty easy once you think about it.
    Punched paper tape ought to be in here somewhere.
    06-14-13 10:48 PM