ok...I am new here so be patient please ....

I have a new Panasonic TCL58E60 HDTV with wifi capability.....I know that I can use the playbook to show the internet on my tv but my question here is ...is it possible to use a wireless keyboard hooked up to the playbook to be able to type into the internet connection on the tv....using the tv remote to type is a real challenge....I know I cannot use a separate mouse but I am not sure about using a keyboard....I purchased a wireless Microsoft 2000 keyboard that comes with a usb stick for it to work but it does not when plugged into the back of the tv.....some advise would be appreciated
    08-01-13 05:30 PM
    Wireless, no....bluetooth, yes.
    08-01-13 05:45 PM
    your options are a bluetooth keyboard and mouse synced to your playbook or using a bridged legacy blackberry as a keyboard and mouse.
    752se likes this.
    08-01-13 05:50 PM
    ok...I am new here so be patient please ....

I have a new Panasonic TCL58E60 HDTV with wifi capability.....I know that I can use the playbook to show the internet on my tv but my question here is ...is it possible to use a wireless keyboard hooked up to the playbook to be able to type into the internet connection on the tv....using the tv remote to type is a real challenge....I know I cannot use a separate mouse but I am not sure about using a keyboard....I purchased a wireless Microsoft 2000 keyboard that comes with a usb stick for it to work but it does not when plugged into the back of the tv.....some advise would be appreciated
    How are you connecting to your TV? Assume not using the PB at all. The internet is streaming directly from the router to the TV.

If you have your PB connected to the TV with the HDMI cord you can use a Bluetooth mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard and use one of the Playbook apps such as Origami browser to surf the web and tyoe things in. You are actually connecting the Bluetooth devices to the PB and mirroring the PB screen on the TV or other monitor. But you have a much more advanced TV than I do and I don't know if there is a way to couple with Bluetooth to your TV wirelessly.

You might get better answers in a Panasonic forum or from their support or looking to see if Android devices offer this type of support.

The wireless keyboard or mouse requiring the dongle will not work on the PB but can be used with at least some devices supporting OTG.
    08-01-13 06:45 PM
    I'd like a similar setup. Anyone have BT keyboard recommendations? (Any with a touchpad?)
    08-01-13 07:32 PM
    Don't know if your model is in this series but I guess this is what you are driving at. Apps are available for Android and whether they could be sideloaded for PB and work is another question.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...oid/index.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-01-13 07:47 PM
    I do what jpash described. I have a BlackBerry bluetooth keyboard that controls the playbook screen, with the playbook connected to the TV via hdmi. As an alternative, I use my z10 to control my playbook via the bridge. I can put my z10 into either track pad mode or keyboard mode. It all works great.

It doesn't use the wifi on the TV. The Internet connection is with the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 08:16 PM
    08-02-13 03:24 AM
    Looks nice, but that's not bluetooth from what I can see?
    08-02-13 07:30 AM
    Looks nice, but that's not bluetooth from what I can see?
    Looks like it is bluetooth which is short range wireless. The thirty foot limit is the giveaway. May not solve OP's problem if TV does not natively support Bluetooth. OP was trying to mate a keyboard with the TV using a USB dongle plugged into the TV. Having heard no more from OP maybe problem was solved by adjusting the TV settings or in another way. Probably this will remain one of the mysteries of the forum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-02-13 03:41 PM
    I have the same setup as @mafcb and navigate the internet similarly on my Panasonic TC-L32C3 using the PlayBook and BB BlueTooth keyboard.
    08-02-13 06:47 PM