Hi.. my first newbie question. I would like to know from you very clever guys, am i right in thinking, apps that you would not normally be able to play on your playbook from the likes of google store etc can be installed on the playbook via a method called sideloading. If this is the case, can anyone point me in the direction of an 'idiots' guide complete with where i need to go to get all the necessary software downloads etc.

i'm ready for the assault for my ignorance
    03-21-13 05:22 AM
    03-21-13 05:44 AM
    At the time being side loading on the PlayBook, you have two kinds of applications which I am sure you are aware of which is the native ones and converted ones.

The native ones would generally work better than the ported from Android ones, but then it depends on what game is it, some work better than others but no harm giving it a go and try out!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 05:52 AM
    Theoretically you can convert any .apk file (android app install file) to .bar (PB app install file). However, not all apps work well and you might end up messing up the PB system. There are posts of ppl with PB issues and others with no issues. I think that sideloading may create those issues. I don't sideload for that reason. If you must, take a look at this site. The apps at least have been through some testing. They also have some good tutorials.
    Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps
    03-21-13 09:56 AM
    03-21-13 10:03 AM
    Sideloading sounds good then you realize how damaging it is to PB when it does not always work and a BB and PB cannot do it without wifi etc it makes a doom scenario for most would be purchasers would find hardware wise unbeatable, BB10 will lift PB sales.
    03-21-13 10:16 AM
    Oh... My... God... i bow down to you all!!! you will be pleased to know you were present and responsible for me sideloading my first app... whats in the pic onto my playbook.... because of you, my children will now believe that i am indeed a goddess.....thank you thank you thank you
    FF22 and axllebeer like this.
    03-21-13 10:36 AM