I belong to a choir and many of us bring tape recorders to the choir sessions, so that we can practice from the tapes at home.

I've killed one tape recorder already and I'm wondering if there's a better way.

I already transfer our emailed music to CD, and my ipod touch for practice and learning the music. It seems antiquated to take this cassette step back for recording the weekly practice, and the tape quality is not good.

I once tried recording from the ipod touch, but it isn't capable of taping an hr practice.
    Any suggestions? Thx so much
    06-15-13 08:53 AM
    The pb has a voice notes app that works quite well.
    06-15-13 09:17 AM
    You can use PlayBook actually... but if you really prefer something to which you want to review your practice for improvement, you have to use a better sound recording devices... if somehow, you need to include an action on your review, a better camera would do...

But again, the PlayBook video and sound recording is not bad with proper lighting...
    06-15-13 09:19 AM
    I really just need to record our 1.5 hr practice sessions. Do you know how I would do this or any what the app is called? When I went to apps there is everything from evernote to voice messaging.
    06-15-13 08:39 PM
    First off, why is there no one recording the rehearsals properly then just emailing an mp3 to everyone lol? If that's not possible and want something portable, then a PlayBook would do well. The stereo mics are very impressive. I've never used PB for a straight 1 hour recording but separate recordings for each song would be sufficient. The native Voice Notes app should work fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-15-13 09:23 PM
    I really just need to record our 1.5 hr practice sessions. Do you know how I would do this or any what the app is called? When I went to apps there is everything from evernote to voice messaging.
    The Voice Notes app's icon looks like an old fashioned microphone - Gray icon, not very colorful. It may be on the second pane (swipe left to reveal additional icons)
    06-15-13 09:28 PM
    .The Voice Notes app records in m4a format, which seems to have about the same compression ratio as reasonable mp3. If copied onto a PC, it seems to play OK on Windows Media Player, but not into any of the audio editing programs that I have unless converted first. It seems to use about 1 meg per minute, so a 100 minute recording would occupy about 100 megs.

It seems adequate quality. I've recorded music using the video camera app, and that seemed fine as well. I think 100 mins of video recording uses around 5 to 6 gigs.

I don't know whether either recording app sets a time limit, nor do I know whether the audio hardware has any limiting or compression features to deal with audio level differences.
    06-16-13 08:39 AM