How long does the battery gives with wifi on nd wrkng on net? The charge becam 60% from 98% with 4 hrs wrk on net nd 1 hr video cht.. Is that nrmal? Also i have noticed tht my PB is drawng a lot of charge upn readng ebuks..
    Also PB starts getng warm aftr few mins of wrk..ar dis nrmal?
    07-31-12 12:16 AM
    I don't get to use my PlayBook as much as I'd like (a few games and such at my lunch break and some app testing at night) and I've been getting a few days out of the battery.
    07-31-12 01:51 AM
    With wifi on, the battery drains fast. Even when idle. So the best thing (if you'll leave it for a while) to do is turn off the WiFi, Volume and put it in Airplane mode
    neel69 likes this.
    07-31-12 02:51 AM
    With wifi on, the battery drains fast. Even when idle. So the best thing (if you'll leave it for a while) to do is turn off the WiFi, Volume and put it in Airplane mode
    Airplane mode disables both Bluetooth and WiFi and bridge connection so there is no reason to manually disable WiFi first.
    rcm1301 and neel69 like this.
    07-31-12 03:06 AM
    Using the net over wifi does use the battery. Also the screen light setting really affects battery time - set it lower if you can while reading books.

But leaving wifi on when not doing anything, like overnight, does not use a lot of battery power. I leave wifi and bt on overnight and while sleeping, I lose maybe 2 or 3% or a bit more.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-31-12 08:46 AM
    Is there a difference in battery drain if you just leave it to go in standby mode itself vs actually selecting battery > standby? I'm not sure. I am in habit to do the battery > standby and my battery holds pretty well.
    07-31-12 09:15 AM
    Unless I want to turn off the screen/light for some reason or not worry about tapping something while carrying it, I allow it to enter Standby by itself. I don't think there's a difference, other than the power it uses before entering standby (and I don't worry about that small amount).
    07-31-12 11:03 AM
    That's my conclusion also, but we have seen many 'strange' things in PB world.
    07-31-12 11:11 AM
    How long does the battery gives with wifi on nd wrkng on net? The charge becam 60% from 98% with 4 hrs wrk on net nd 1 hr video cht.. Is that nrmal? Also i have noticed tht my PB is drawng a lot of charge upn readng ebuks..
    Also PB starts getng warm aftr few mins of wrk..ar dis nrmal?
    Are your vowel keys busted?
    rcm1301 and Gatmyer like this.
    07-31-12 12:24 PM
    Airplane mode disables both Bluetooth and WiFi and bridge connection so there is no reason to manually disable WiFi first.
    Some uses ( including me ) experience an airplane mode bug. I still can use/turn on wifi bluetooth gps if I'm in airplane mode without going out of the mode
    08-02-12 09:05 AM
    Ionly get a few hours on my pb. Even if I don't use it, it goes dead within a few hours. I even turn off wifi but nothing changes.
    08-02-12 02:30 PM
    5 hours usage and only down to 60 percent is great usage.....
    08-02-12 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD