Has anyone had any success using the QR Scanner with the playbook? I've tried it several times but no luck... anyone have any suggestions?
    02-03-12 06:10 PM
    Has anyone had any success using the QR Scanner with the playbook? I've tried it several times but no luck... anyone have any suggestions?
    i've had the same lack of luck!
    02-03-12 06:23 PM
    There has been a recent update to the QR scanner app. It is much quicker than it used to be.

It will have problems when the QR is small, as you tend to bring it closer to the PB to make the code fill the square. Then the camera is out of focus.

I just scanned my keg of Heineken, and it did fine!
    02-03-12 07:46 PM
    I've used it a couple of times successfully. Even from tv screen...
    02-03-12 09:33 PM
    what QR scanner are you guys useing? i didnt even notice any for the PB
    02-03-12 09:46 PM
    Well, I've tried it about 10 times & still nothing.... bummer
    02-04-12 07:29 AM
    I think there are a few free ones for the pb. I downloaded but did not test two additional ones a while ago.

I think the focus or rather lack of focus by the camera might make it more difficult to get a good "reading"

There's QR Scanner, QRCodeReader and QRcoder.
    Last edited by F2; 02-04-12 at 10:34 AM.
    02-04-12 10:25 AM
    Ambient light level is a large factor in QRScanner's success rate. That and a steady hand.
    I've had great success with QRScanner - it only failed me once when the QR code I was scanning was tinged tan in the background because it was pretty dim. Brought the code over closer to the light and it worked fine. Of course, YMMV.
    02-04-12 12:51 PM
    I've used both of the free ones and they work great if the code is in a magazine or even on my desktop or on a package but they won't read the ones that are in the newspaper. The newspaper ones must not be clear enough or bright enough and it doesn't seem to help whether it's in bright lite or not.
    02-04-12 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD