Hey Crackberry
    I am a very happy owner of a 32gb Playbook. I love the hardware quality and form factor, but what I think sets it apart the most is its software. QNX offers true multitasking unlike any other. However I have been noticing what I suspect are memory leaks. I thought the playbook would be different from other operating systems since its so great but I guess not? I have been using my playbook heavily for the past 2 years and have been noticing performance drops in the browser, application opening/closing and just overall performance. The ram has not dropped but the os just seems sluggish. I have the latest 2.1 installed, and am wondering how would I fix this? Can I wipe the playbook clean of an OS like you can on a Blackberry phone (I do it all the time on my 9900) then reinstall a new one so its factory condition?

On a side note, I am not very software smart but was curious could iOS or android ever adopt the multitasking abilities of QNX and BB10 without completely changing from the ground up? I hope not though, because I really think once BB10 goes mainstream, people will switch over and never let go, and BB will be #1 again!
    10-14-12 01:14 AM
    Yes, I guess a wipe should do it for you.(how much free space do yo have out of 32 GBs).

Do take backup before that.
    And as I read here, a backup does not backup your contacts or calendar;(correct me if I am wrong, I read it somewhere in the forum, no first hand experience).
    jason9900 likes this.
    10-14-12 01:24 AM
    2 years? it launched last summer??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 01:27 AM
    Adi_vastava do you know what program I should use? I know for the phones you use dingleberry wondering if there is something similar to the playbook.

Haha sorry in themix9 I meant to say almost 2 years
    10-14-12 04:20 AM
    Summary of 2.1 findings is here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-1-a-748131/ some of the issues and how to resolve might help rather than full wipe.

A couple of reboots letting it run for an hour or two between reboots might help, also clear cache and local storage in the browser.
    10-14-12 04:37 AM
    You mean the one which does not has the shortcoming of skipping contacts/calander? I am sorry, I don't know. Its been discussed in the forum though, recently. try searching for that thread in forum.
    Last edited by adi_vastava; 10-14-12 at 05:08 AM.
    10-14-12 04:48 AM
    Adi_vastava do you know what program I should use? I know for the phones you use dingleberry wondering if there is something similar to the playbook.

Haha sorry in themix9 I meant to say almost 2 years

I suggest to stop while your ahead. You have no clue what your doing and dingleberry isn't used on phones but rather to root the PB(back when that was possible)
    10-14-12 04:58 AM
    You are confused huh. Dingle as said has nothing to do with the phones and you don't want to use it on your pb either. You do know that wiping will erase everything but the OS? If you really want to wipe it do a backup or copy files you want to keep and to wipe tap the gear, security, security wipe, type blackberry.
    10-14-12 05:12 AM