the playbook is just gonna be 2x bigger than my torch.... how tiny!!!
    03-17-11 12:51 AM
    PlayBook FTW!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 12:59 AM
    I tend to hide my BlackBerry for some reason when I browse in that store.
    Hehe I do the opposite. Plus, I open up Safari on every iPad/iPhone/Macbook I play with, browse over to Crackberry.com - then walk away. I always feel like I'm entering the church of a strange cult when I go to the store. Browsing to Crackberry.com on their iPads/iPhones always makes me feel like I'm doing something gloriosly blasphemous to their religion.

03-17-11 01:36 AM
    PlayBook FTW!
    For myself and I think many of the people here on CrackBerry the PB is worth the wait. My hope is others outside of CB will say it's worth the wait. I want the PB to be successful. I don't want to be the only guy in the room with a PB. I don't need nor expect iPad level of success, but a failure will end RIM. No one here wants a repeat of the Zune.

This is where advertising needs to play a serious role. RIM needs to present not only the PlayBook but the entire ecosystem they are creating around it. It is new but it's growing and will only grow if the PB is a success.
    03-17-11 01:41 AM
    Hehe I do the opposite. Plus, I open up Safari on every iPad/iPhone/Macbook I play with, browse over to Crackberry.com - then walk away. I always feel like I'm entering the church of a strange cult when I go to the store. Browsing to Crackberry.com on their iPads/iPhones always makes me feel like I'm doing something gloriosly blasphemous to their religion.

I'm tempted to go to the KRCS store in Leeds (Authorised Premium Apple Reseller), open up CrackBerry.com and BlackBerry.com in 2 separate tabs on each device, and then walk out xD.
    03-17-11 06:42 AM

Thats gosh darn hillarious!!
    03-17-11 09:11 AM
    Apple opened a big store in a large mall north of where I live, and it looked very impressive so I pulled out my Torch and snapped a photo of it, and when I zoom in, I can see several of their employees looking suspiciously at me for doing that. It's the only store on the planet where I feel like I'm an intruder - sheesh, I'm just a consumer like anyone else! I tend to hide my BlackBerry for some reason when I browse in that store.
    You mean they didn't follow you like they did to me. I swear to god one was chasing me through the mall i expected them to start marching saying "Assimilate!". Eventually i lost my tail in the food court, but still they are a bit off.
    But when i do actually get into a store i make sure i go in as a group. So they are less likely to notice me specifically and if i have to get out of there in a hurry i can trip the slower one to give me more time. I think they can smell the fact you don't own a iphone.
    03-17-11 09:44 AM
    You mean they didn't follow you like they did to me. I swear to god one was chasing me through the mall i expected them to start marching saying "Assimilate!". Eventually i lost my tail in the food court, but still they are a bit off.
    But when i do actually get into a store i make sure i go in as a group. So they are less likely to notice me specifically and if i have to get out of there in a hurry i can trip the slower one to give me more time. I think they can smell the fact you don't own a iphone.
    LOL! that is the funniest post I've read in ages.
    03-17-11 09:50 AM
    No not really man. Its gonna be so obselete by the time PB is released...

03-17-11 07:13 PM

You obviously have zero idea of what you're talking about. Zero.
    03-17-11 07:23 PM

I'm not sure what "obselete" is, but the iPad2 only has one thing over the PlayBook, and that's the GPU. Dang now i can't play all my games as nice Oh well, at least I can play the Flash ones. And with all those videos for the PlayBook's games, looks like the GPU works awesome. And they look goodddddd

Pretty sure the following things will be made "obselete" on the iPad2 when the PlayBook comes out:

*Cameras (oh wait, my Moto Razr already did that)
    *Processors (iPad2's clocked at 900mhz and the OMAP is faster anyways)
    *Flash ( obvious)
    *OS (Sure iOS 4.3 is nice, but QNX is poised to be amazing)
    *The definition of a tablet's portability
    *Probably more, but too bored to think of them :/
    03-17-11 07:47 PM
    You obviously have zero idea of what you're talking about. Zero.
    I'm a firm beliver that once QNX is launched on any particular RIM device...the competitions relative product will take at least 4-6 years to catch up to parity as far as OS cpabilities go! Obsolete....lol......QNX....enter the sleeping giant!(And the capabilities I speak of are veneers in comparison to what is baked in to the qnx architecture)

Just wait till RIM fully opens the doors to QNX's. "" Posix" certified"" utilities/porting!

Ipad2 may have a slight edge on the gpu...however that is it! Ios is on the verge of plateauing, wheras QNX is "already a revolution...and it's only just begun" .....I believe it's time for Apple to pass that torch to QNX......
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-17-11 at 08:14 PM.
    03-17-11 07:57 PM
    I just keep hoping it will be available before 4/4. I have jury duty...
    03-17-11 08:16 PM
    I just keep hoping it will be available before 4/4. I have jury duty...

Instead of pulling an Ernest in "Ernest Goes To Jail" :P
    be distracted by your PlayBook!
    03-17-11 08:21 PM
    I agree dont relly need one but really want one. I am thinking that one day we will wake up and someone will see it in a store! Like oh there it is! I really hope it comes out soon as all the speculation etc is getting old.
    03-17-11 09:49 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD