Is it possible to play the below video files? Also what is the max file size I can play? Some of the 1080 videos are 6-10GB. I have transferred the files via USB but they don't appear on the playbook when I go to play them.

1080p.MKV.X264.AC3.DTS.MultiSubs.mk
    12-29-11 06:29 PM
    I don't think the PB plays mkv files.
    12-29-11 06:30 PM
    Just convert it with handbrake
    12-29-11 06:33 PM
    It there a file size limit the Playbook can play?
    12-29-11 06:41 PM
    You should convert the videos to 'playbook size'. Those 6-10 GB videos would change to 2-4 GB videos.

Other threads talk about putting videos on the pb. I think it can't play mkv files and in another thread some stated you might get-away-with changing the file extension.
    12-29-11 06:58 PM
    mkv will work on newer (ie. beta 2.0) builds, but the AC3 or DTS soundtrack will not. RIM needs a licensing deal in place with Dolby before that'll be supported.
    12-30-11 02:05 AM
    i had an mkv work (HD trailer) if u have ac3 audio just run a direct processing of audio from ac3 to mp3 in virtual dub and leave video untouched 15mins and your movie will be ready. Maybe a VLC app will find its way to the PB.
    12-30-11 02:25 AM
    I have a video that is slightly larger than 2gigs and it works. It is a private rip of a dvd I created of my Dolomite hiking trip. But what is funny, when I first started replying to this thread yesterday, I could not run that mp4 file. I was pretty sure it had worked. Well, I did a security wipe 3 weeks ago and it seems that in copying stuff to the pb, a number of videos "appeared" to have copied correctly but in fact did not. The file size was perfect and matched the pc copy. But something was obviously wrong. So last night I recopied it and it works fine. Same exact file size. So I have no idea what may have happened. There is something about the way files "land" on the pb that does not always properly register even if things look perfect.

I do think huge files will create problems in any event. But some folks really like their HD stuff.
    12-30-11 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD