So visiting my nephew, he is on his playbook, I ask if he has played any new games lately?
    He says"no" and shows me his playbook and that almost all (all the purchased ones ) are gone. I asked what happened he said he doesn't know. Something about he tried to turn this particular time and wouldn't let him get past some password, a password he didn't know existed. He said after that the thing just shut off (or maybe he shut it down) when it booted back up a majority of the apps were gone.I can vouch for this because I purchased alot of these apps for his playbook myself.
    I looked in his app directory maybe the old apps were there with "re install " but there was nothing there for these apps.
    Anyone know wtf could have happened. I thought if something happened like this or you delete apps you purchased you should be able to re install no charge.

Any help is appreciated
    09-07-13 11:57 AM
    If you purchased those apps at BB World than you can indeed reload them.
    Did he wipe the device by mistake?
    09-07-13 12:06 PM
    So visiting my nephew, he is on his playbook, I ask if he has played any new games lately?
    He says"no" and shows me his playbook and that almost all (all the purchased ones ) are gone. I asked what happened he said he doesn't know. Something about he tried to turn this particular time and wouldn't let him get past some password, a password he didn't know existed. He said after that the thing just shut off (or maybe he shut it down) when it booted back up a majority of the apps were gone.I can vouch for this because I purchased alot of these apps for his playbook myself.
    I looked in his app directory maybe the old apps were there with "re install " but there was nothing there for these apps.
    Anyone know wtf could have happened. I thought if something happened like this or you delete apps you purchased you should be able to re install no charge.

Any help is appreciated

BBID would say. Working as intended.
    09-07-13 12:50 PM
    Sounds like he entered the wrong password too many times, which caused his PB to wipe itself. Then, when he went though setup after the wipe, he used the wrong BB ID. Might have to wipe again, using the correct BB ID this time.
    09-07-13 01:24 PM
    If you purchased those apps at BB World than you can indeed reload them.
    Did he wipe the device by mistake?
    Ok how would we go about doing this? I thought the apps deleted (as they are on mine) which show up as deleted apps but there is nothing there.
    09-07-13 02:18 PM
    Sounds like he entered the wrong password too many times, which caused his PB to wipe itself. Then, when he went though setup after the wipe, he used the wrong BB ID. Might have to wipe again, using the correct BB ID this time.
    Is that an actual function of the Playbook - to wipe itself if when trying to enter password too many times? If so there is an extremely good chance this is what happened. I feel bad for the little guy, I just want to get his games back on.
    09-07-13 02:19 PM
    Is that an actual function of the Playbook - to wipe itself if when trying to enter password too many times?.
    Yes................
    09-07-13 03:11 PM
    As indicated above (in one or another answer), he most likely wiped the PB using the wrong password. Then he probably initialized it again but with a DIFFERENT BBID. App Purchasers are tied to the BBID.

So first check out what his bbid current is??? If it is not the one YOU established (back when...), then another Security Wipe will be necessary to change to the "correct" (old, original, etc) bbid.
    09-07-13 06:07 PM
    Well I talked to my brother he said they stopped short of retry to enter password again when he saw the numbers come up but still his son could have hit it a few more times. I guess we won't know of course without checking the BBID - however I don't know what the original BBID was.
    Another question this brings up for me is if they go past the allowed re trys for entering the password, and a security wipe occurs, does the OS get automaticallyre loaded or the original it j
    Just stays?
    09-08-13 12:02 PM