09-08-12 12:12 AM
33 12
tools
    Yup my one shows Made in Taiwan

Terry
    09-04-12 02:36 PM
    Hi all,
    I'm new on the forums, this is my first post. I bought my first playbook about 5 month ago 32Gb from PC World when they were first discounted then a week ago I bought the 64Gb one for 129.00 I'm thinking of using this one as a multi media hub for my films/music, if you think at the price I paid I couldn't get a 32Gb Itouch for that. Neither of these playbooks had security stickers on the boxes the 32Gb had about 5 different language packs and about 3 getting started cards, the latest 64Gb one had 1 english language pack and one getting started card. Both looked brand new with screen wraps and all other packaging looking untouched. As I see it if someone had removed those security stickers I would be able to see the marks left on the original packings. Those stickers do not come off without leaving marks.
    09-04-12 03:37 PM
    My last playbook, which I purchased from someone who received it as a promotional gift, was unopened. But after closer inspection it had 2 layers of seals, neither of which were broken (until I cut them). But the Playbook was messed up. No initial set up and the LED was on constantly. It makes you wonder about the double seals though.
    I did an Advance Exchange with RIM, and all is good now.

Here is a picture of the seals.
    09-04-12 04:02 PM
    Thanks for everyone's feedback, it's nice to know that's how all curry's/pc world currently stocked playbooks are. I'm a perfectionist and can be a bit ocd'ish with my technology ie.keeping it fresh! Lol. I normally always demand and only buy factory sealed or plastic wrapped ie.xbox games. My playbook had the intial peel off screen cover and my charger box came sealed. The product was new, had not been turnt on or taken out the sleeve although I was slyly pissed that it had no outer box circular seals and the the playbook picture card with the start up instructions had a mark on it where it had looked like someone picked it up to read and put back. I just think it had been checked is all,maybe they make sure all playbooks are inside the box properly with no cracked screens. End of the day it's just all material's end of day can't take it with us. Who agree's with me the way they packaged the playbook inside the pouch with the screen faced down instead upright was not cool? Lol
    09-06-12 12:56 PM
    I bought a 64gb Playbook from PC World also. It also didn't have the security seals, but the pull-off screen protector was on it and the charger etc were all factory sealed. It's definitely brand new.
    I'd like to point out that (in the UK at least) it is illegal for a company like PC World to knowingly sell you ex-display or b-stock goods without informing that it is indeed such a good, and they should additionally discount it if this is the case.
    09-07-12 08:01 PM
    Bought a 32gb from walmart today came sealed she even said if its not sealed its returned because customer didnt like it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-07-12 08:10 PM
    Bought mine on line from Currys. No seals but all the cables were in sealed boxes and the plastic sheaths were not opened. No manuals just a card saying how to start. There was also a sealed screen cleaner. In addition there was a little gold embossed card which said:

"If you are going to kiss this marvellous piece of cutting edge technology because you are so happy please ensure you are not wearing any lipstick as it can be difficult to remove from the highly polished screen."

Underneath the words were two little "x x".

Kind of cute in a personal sort of way.

09-07-12 09:17 PM
    It is possible that your box was opened by a previous buyer who returned it. In the U.S. this would be labelled an "open box" and usually sold at a discount.
    09-08-12 12:12 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD