I went out to the garage, loaded up the dogs, took off. A couple of blocks down the road, made a right turn and heard something bounce off of the roof of my vehicle. Looked out of the corner of my eye and saw my Playbook flying through the air, bounced once, and slid about a foot. I slammed on the brakes, did not run over it, jumped out and picked it up. I gave it a swipe and everything was okay. The impact knocked off the screen cover, and separated one corner a little, but it snapped back into place. I am VERY happy that I have the Otterbox case.

Make sure you use a case, and put your Playbook in the vehicle first, then the dogs!
    FF22 and curvezzz like this.
    12-26-11 07:50 PM
    Whew that was a close one. Good move on the Otterbox.
    12-26-11 08:07 PM
    Glad no one including the playbook was too harmed
    12-26-11 08:15 PM
    tberes a youtube video of an ipbone being dropped from 23 floors up. and the case saved it.
    yet 2yearsago i ran over my curve phone and it lated till my torch
    12-26-11 08:19 PM
    I bought a OEM journal case first (for looks) and the Otterbox second (for protection). I use both cases, but the otterbox gets more use .....gives me a piece of mind
    12-26-11 08:26 PM
    lol I keep mine naked...I think I will get a case now.
    12-26-11 08:35 PM
    Wow. I bought a slip case at the same time I got my PB, now I have a leather case for looks and better protection. And, of course, the screen protection from day 1.
    12-26-11 09:12 PM
    I was soooo nervous while my pb was naked had a shipping issue for my ob. I love my ob the stand is great and the way my pb handles with it on it. I can throw my pb into my purse and not worry about it getting messed up. Do have one gripe lol as soon as I snapped it closed there was a speck of dust beside the camera, havent been able to get the ob back off lol but this dust has to go! I wanted to get the envelope first but deff glad I chose the ob, would be nice if RIM made an envelope to fit us ob users
    12-26-11 09:44 PM
    The locking tabs on the top and bottom are part of the rear otterbox case. So gently try prying from the front to lift them and separate the front from the rear. There's a video on the otterbox site.
    12-26-11 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD