saved me from posting a similar response
    12-05-11 06:42 PM
    Although I agree the PDF viewer is a pain, you can zoom in and you can jump to specific pages. Pinch to zoom and swipe down to access the page jump slider at the bottom.
    Could you please explain a bit more? That sounds interesting. You are talking about the Adobe Reader app that comes standard with the PlayBook?
    12-06-11 06:15 AM
    I can open a multi page PDF. I can pinch zoom. Also, if you swipe across the bottom you can move page to page. If you swipe down there is a page jump bar on the bottom.
    Last edited by Hgouck; 12-06-11 at 06:46 AM.
    12-06-11 06:43 AM
    I can open a multi page PDF. I can pinch zoom. Also, if you swipe across the bottom you can move page to page.
    of course.
    I thought he had found the solution when one wants to attach a file to an email and it opens the Adobe Reader to look for the file. When one has many files or pictures, it can take several minutes, as the Reader does not take into account the folders where the files were stored.
    12-06-11 06:49 AM
    of course.
    I thought he had found the solution when one wants to attach a file to an email and it opens the Adobe Reader to look for the file. When one has many files or pictures, it can take several minutes, as the Reader does not take into account the folders where the files were stored.
    For some reason, most of the apps on the pb do not respect or use FOLDER structure to allow organization of the contents. In one way, it is convenient - folders are ignored and all content, no matter where it is located on the pb, is found and you don't have to navigate or search for it. At the same time, it is quite inconvenient that every last file is shown and you have to sort through 100's or 1000's of files to find the one you want when you know you placed it in the "CameraManual" folder or the "hobbies" folder, or that picture is the one you just took and should be in the CAMERA folder, or that picture was taken in Yosemite2011 and it is lost in every other picture you've taken.

Actually, going to take my comments (rant?) to one of those what do we want in future OS threads.
    12-06-11 09:24 AM
    I first noticed this type of behavior in my old HP iPaq PDA, even though it also had a native file explorer. I find it annoying!
    12-06-11 09:41 AM
    Yeah, I had this same issue with the original iPad; got so frustrated with all its shortcomings, not to mention no cameras, cheap recycled Bangladesh garbage dump plastic, I just tossed it into my backyard sans battery. I use it now as an overpriced frisbee for the dog.
    12-06-11 09:48 AM
    Another con for me is not being able to see or respond to sms or mms messages from the PB.
    12-06-11 04:21 PM
    Another con for me is not being able to see or respond to sms or mms messages from the PB.
    Can you do this from the ipad or an android?
    12-06-11 04:28 PM
    I do not know. But since I own a PB it would would be good to be able to see and responded to them on it. Instead of having to take the phone out of the holster to see them.
    Last edited by Hgouck; 12-06-11 at 06:00 PM.
    12-06-11 04:34 PM
    pros:
    bleachget.com
    ability to browse files thru windows explorer
    decent browser (but its not fully capable as I have come to discover)
    some decent games like fruits ninja
    kobo seems nice, I haven't used it heavily due to owning a kindle
    HDMI to tv is great, works well and you can multitask while displaying on hd tv without interruption
    easily take screenshots by hitting both volume keys
    slacker radio is nice but seems to have limited library
    music player is good
    speakers are good
    I like how the UI works compared to iOS (which I have been dealing with today to set up for my dad)
    comes with an office suite, even if its weak

cons:
    weak office apps that cannot be replaced by anything currently available
    weak words2go, lack of tab, arrow keys, autocorrect, autofill-in, proper formatting and editing tools.
    zooming seems laggy in most if not all apps
    web pages with javascript load slowly
    the OS eats up a large portion of the memory, more than 40%
    browser crashes too often for me, even when doing something like clearing the cache
    pdf reader is weak, no word search, cannot jump to page, cannot save spot
    Still needs more quality apps
    No SMS on bridge... less and less people use the bbm nowadays cause they're trading in their bb phones
    Last edited by esqlaw; 12-06-11 at 04:50 PM.
    12-06-11 04:48 PM
    I do not know. But since I own a PB I would like to from it.
    Yes it would be nice. Was there mention of them doing this like the rumor that you can use your phone for typing on it? All though now that I have an all touch screen phone I'd rather just type on the pb.
    12-06-11 05:19 PM
    yes. I do this with my android tablet but not natively. there are plenty of apps in the android market that do this- with your mobile number or ypur google voice number and most work very well. and you don't need your phone connected or near by although there is one that requires pairing through bluetooth.

I think it would be cool if rim added this function with bridging
    12-06-11 05:52 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD